No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mould blown bowl,geometric pattern ID = Stennett Willson for Wedgwood  (Read 3019 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
  :hb2:  I have not been able to find this anywhere
It appears to be a clear cased bowl blown into a mould with a geometric pattern on the base (open to touch where you can feel the pattern) and then has a blue lining blown into the clear on the inside.

Weighs nearly 2 1/2lb (over a kilo) and measures 13cm diameter (5 1/4") by 5cm high (2") with the walls of the bowl 12mm thick(1/2"),  Clear casing on the base is 1cm thick , blue lining appears to be 1cm thick as well on top of that. Straight up and down sides.

I thought it may be some kind of Scandinavian ashtray  :-\ lots of wear to the base edge.
The colour is more or less representative, that sort of  really nice 'off' dark blue (not cobalt, definitely not teal) that I associate with Scandinavian glass (Ruda type blue ish) for some reason.

Help sought  :)  many thanks
m

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
This is a Ronald Stennett Willson design for King's Lynn/ Wedgwood. I don't remember the no., but a quick search should bring up similar examples.

Steven :)

Edited to add: just found it here: http://ronaldstennettwillson.com/Bowls%20Textured.html (scroll down).

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 :kissy:    thank you soooo  much!!!
You have come to my rescue more than once with very nice results in the last couple of weeks!!   :sun:  I appreciate it.  And just to add, I had thought maybe Dartington, but couldn't find anything there...I didn't look closely enough at the Stennett-Willson vases in the book otherwise I would have seen the pattern :-[
thanks again
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 ::)  I don't know how I missed it in the book - I think my head was Scandinavian or Dartington, so my eyes just didn't see.
thanks John
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Preconceptions are all very well if they are accurate, otherwise they just tend to lead you down blind alleys - I had one the other week, I think it was you M that put me right.....

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 :chky:   ;D
Nice piece isn't it? 
m

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk

And............it's been on this board before............

Nigel

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
and I did search this board Nigel but unless you use the right key words it's like needle in a haystack :)  so from the info given on the other post would it  be right to say this is RSW27 produced from 1967 and probably Kings Lynn rather than Wedgwood as unmarked?
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand