Author Topic: Mould blown bowl,geometric pattern ID = Stennett Willson for Wedgwood  (Read 654 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
  :hb2:  I have not been able to find this anywhere
It appears to be a clear cased bowl blown into a mould with a geometric pattern on the base (open to touch where you can feel the pattern) and then has a blue lining blown into the clear on the inside.

Weighs nearly 2 1/2lb (over a kilo) and measures 13cm diameter (5 1/4") by 5cm high (2") with the walls of the bowl 12mm thick(1/2"),  Clear casing on the base is 1cm thick , blue lining appears to be 1cm thick as well on top of that. Straight up and down sides.

I thought it may be some kind of Scandinavian ashtray  :-\ lots of wear to the base edge.
The colour is more or less representative, that sort of  really nice 'off' dark blue (not cobalt, definitely not teal) that I associate with Scandinavian glass (Ruda type blue ish) for some reason.

Help sought  :)  many thanks
m

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
This is a Ronald Stennett Willson design for King's Lynn/ Wedgwood. I don't remember the no., but a quick search should bring up similar examples.

Steven :)

Edited to add: just found it here: http://ronaldstennettwillson.com/Bowls%20Textured.html (scroll down).

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 :kissy:    thank you soooo  much!!!
You have come to my rescue more than once with very nice results in the last couple of weeks!!   :sun:  I appreciate it.  And just to add, I had thought maybe Dartington, but couldn't find anything there...I didn't look closely enough at the Stennett-Willson vases in the book otherwise I would have seen the pattern :-[
thanks again
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 ::)  I don't know how I missed it in the book - I think my head was Scandinavian or Dartington, so my eyes just didn't see.
thanks John
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Preconceptions are all very well if they are accurate, otherwise they just tend to lead you down blind alleys - I had one the other week, I think it was you M that put me right.....

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 :chky:   ;D
Nice piece isn't it? 
m

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk

And............it's been on this board before............

Nigel

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
and I did search this board Nigel but unless you use the right key words it's like needle in a haystack :)  so from the info given on the other post would it  be right to say this is RSW27 produced from 1967 and probably Kings Lynn rather than Wedgwood as unmarked?
m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com