No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano glass large hare/rabbit with internal bubbles (efeso type) and label  (Read 3713 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Animals are not my thing, however I originally bought this because it has the bubbles of course (which are my thing, although I now collect vases with bubbles)  :).
This has a label but I have had no luck finding similar or tracing the label.  I've searched I reckon approx 150murano labels on various sites including here and nothing.  So is this a retailer label maybe?  The label is silver foil with a blue logo.
The rabbit is beautifully made, but very difficult to show in a photo because it is partly clear.  The bubbles are fab and actually it does look particularly good backlit because of this.  It glows slightly yellow under black light.  It has age wear at the corners of the glass incorporated stand it is on.  It's quite a big sculpture not a tiny animal and measures 7 1/4" (18.5cm) high by 5 1/4" (13.5cm) wide by 3" (7.5cm)deep.  

Thanks in advance for any leads/help.  :sun:
m

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
I see Fb when I look at the logo?
Chris

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
If you rotate it +/- 90 degrees you get a monogram for either Lip or D.J (or D.I), depending on the orientation...

Not sure if that helps or just confuses further.  ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you both ;D  I photographed it the way I did because all I could see was Lip.  So I thought I'd turn it where the Murano lettering was the right way up (not that it was necessarily designed that way I suppose).
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Is there any chance this might be a V Nason rabbit?
see link to ebay auction finished here - where there are some similarities

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=360221583287&nma=true&rt=nc&si=TEj%252F0ubHjVDX9ECIuTdHk81Exeo%253D

thanks for any feedback
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Hmmmmm -- Still hunting for the label here

I noticed that your Bunny is kinda on a glass base.  Did murano make them this way?  I am not sure.  This sure is a tough label to *crack*  :phew:  ;D
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Thank you both ;D  I photographed it the way I did because all I could see was Lip.  So I thought I'd turn it where the Murano lettering was the right way up (not that it was necessarily designed that way I suppose).
m

Might be LIP (or PIL, or ILP ???) as a guess.  Wonder IF any of the initials stand for:

L = Linea        ??????
I = Italian       ????????
P = Products   ?????

See here but that is merely a guessing game, as I have not found a label for them. 

So just throwing it out there ---- and this might be totally tossed away as an idea.... :24:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Rose thank you  :sun: you are very kind to keep looking for me.
I've had my suspicions slightly, mostly based on three things - I have not been able  to find another Murano glass animal on a stand base like this yet,  the internal decor reminds me of some paperweights (although I can't find any id'd as Chinese actually that have this kind of internal colour and bubbles to be honest), and the label merely says 'logo then 'Murano', not Made in Murano.

On the plus side the label looks real, it doesn't look too recent, and the actual piece is rather well executed I think, more so perhaps than an older piece of say Chinese glass may look maybe?  all supposition though as I have nothing to base those assumptions on really.  The ears are really well done, the internal colour and bubbles are fab and the whole piece is beautifully finished and nicely balanced.
 So?  :-\  I don't know.
 However there has been a deafening silence on replies, so perhaps this might need to be moved to the main board, if a kind mod is around and has time please?  Maybe that is a retail/import label?  

Thanks again for trying to help though.
m

Offline tam bam

• Members
I am also wondering if the label is an import label.. 

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand