No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: SELLING: GEORGE ELLIOTT Studio Vase  (Read 3650 times)

Offline cmdg

• Members
SELLING: GEORGE ELLIOTT Studio Vase
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Hi,I recently posted an enquiry on the Glass Message Board,about my George Elliott studio vase,(see the posting discussions,my user name is: cmdg).Now that I know all about it, I am happy to offer it for sale here.If you are interested please email me and I'll send you any further photographs you want.The piece stands at 4 inches tall and 4 3/4 inches diameter, it is signed George Elliott Bewdley with the Anchor mark.I will not attempt to describe the design as I think the photographs speak for themselves!. I could put it on ebay if you would prefer, but thought we may avoid the fees! (I am a long time ebayer as Deacogreen if you want to check me out!).
The glass has no chips,scratches or other damages,it is in lovely condition, please contact me if you have a sensible offer!.
Many thanks,Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Gowdod

• Members
Re: SELLING: GEORGE ELLIOTT Studio Vase
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
Dear Chris,

pls accept my apologies for what can only be a very late response. For some reason your offer didn't reach my e-mail inbox. I can't find when you initially posted this. So sorry about that.

Yes I would be interested. Do you have a figure in mind. I've been acquiring a few recently for between £30 and £45.

I'll go and have a good look at the pictures now and temp myself.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cmdg

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »
Hello Andrew,thank you for your interest in my piece,I am actually looking for around £85 for this one!,so I will have to decline.I think you have been doing well buying his studio vases at under £50 and personally think his work is often under-rated!.Of course the fact that I love it myself and would prefer to keep it really does'nt help you,but lack of display space is a constant difficulty.
Best wishes and many thanks,Chris

Offline Gowdod

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
Chris,

I don't blame you. I have 11 of his pieces and just think they're fab. Looking at the output of his studio glass contemporaries he was capable of playing at the top table.

Most of my pieces I've acquired through e-bay with only a couple found in the field. My most recent acquisition is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220825532322?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_949

There are two up on ebay at £175 and 195 respectively.....in time I think that will be a fair price especially when we get a British Studio Glass Book coming to market...meanwhile I will buy and display them putting others into more crates in the cellar.

Keep me in mind.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cmdg

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
Hi, I am pleased you are finding some good pieces,I don't know of a new studio glass book,so will look out for that!.I have been concidering writing a booklet showing Stennett-Willsons work in detail,but can not find enough interest from the mainstream publishers,leaving me the self publishing option which is probably too dear for me!.Really I would like to show off his work in all the various forms,colours and sizes etc,so maybe one day I will get the chance to do this!,meanwhile I co-run the only dedicated RSW website,but am frustrated by my inability to place all my photos on the site,perhaps I ought to create another site myself showing more of his work but m not really 'techie' enough !,meanwhile I have to be patient and wait for my site partner to have enough spare time to do this!.
Happy hunting and I will certainly bear you in mind in the future if I find more of George's work!.
Best wishes,Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand