No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling opalescent fircone pattern bowl reg no 777133  (Read 2673 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Jobling opalescent fircone pattern bowl reg no 777133
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
Hi all
just a show and tell really
picked this beautiful bowl up today and thought i would share, its not rare/scarce or highly sought after but i thought it very pretty.
Registered 29 sept 1932, fircone pattern, pattern 5000.
22cm in diameter, 9cm tall
5 pictures in link
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/MixedGlass#5613724143845447922
michelle  :sun:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Jobling opalescent fircone pattern bowl reg no 777133
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
beautiful piece Michelle  -  I'm very jealous :mrgreen: - a great find.    Was it a charity shop discovery?.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Jobling opalescent fircone pattern bowl reg no 777133
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »
Paul i was just reading your post with the Uranium fircone vase funnily enough.
No this was from a lady i know who has a "junk shop/yard" in her back garden (its a big back garden with about 5 mobile homes plus outbuildings crambed full) she sells everything and anything, from kids toys, bikes, car parts, glass, pottery clothing... wonderful place, The address is a secret i shall take to the grave :wsh:.
Bless her she is a proper old fashion dealer and keeps her money in her bra which always makes me chuckle. Ive known her for a good few years and she sells most things quite high but she doesnt like glass and just sells it cheap to get rid of it.
Often she has junk but occasionally theres diamonds in them there hills
I keep meaning to add some pictures of glass trinket sets that she has for Anne.
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand