No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Leerdam uranium glass vase?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Leerdam uranium glass vase?
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »
this one is also removed from Jay's amethysts thread - I beg again to apologize - it is so easy to get from one item to another on the board loosing the root question  :oops:

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/vasen/02434.html

all comments are highly appreciated  :idea:  :?:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
That is a very difficult one, optical blown ball vase with cut rim is certaily in the style of Leerdam, but there is no telling if it is. There are other sources for these as well - so my guess is: perhaps Leerdam, perhaps Maastricht, perhaps something else  1/3rd 1/3rd 1/rd chance in equal proportions

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 09:39:17 PM »
Ivo, thank you again! so I just leave it like it is presented with an ? until others here let me know better
did I mention that it is uranium'ing like glowing?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
it looks a bit dark for Leerdam uranium. Leerdam uranium is really very light - ask Patricia to check it for you when she gets there, she can tell them apart.  :P

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 09:49:22 PM »
I'm so glad to receive Patricia soon, Ivo!
reading cross with Jay's post may be it turns out Maastricht
Pamela

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
Not pressed, but ...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »
Ivo is quite right to observe that this is a 'two mould' blown process, and isn't strictly speaking 'pressed glass' at all.

Does that mean we have to go somewhere else to discuss it? ;-)

(I'd guess it's current value is about 40-60 euros, genuine uranium green, called 'anna-groen' in Dutch factories was produced in the pre-war period and would fetch about twice the price.)
Post war greens were mostly more emerald or turquoise in tone.
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand