No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Boda -- Signed ???  (Read 15537 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Kosta Boda -- Signed ???
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »
 :hi: There:

Bought this about an hour ago for Only .50 cents.  Mind you, it is small -- but it also has a plastic label on it (so I know it is Kosta Boda) -- but it is also signed on the bottom.  Looks like:

Josha Boda ????
and Call ????
__ Eng___ ???
then 89061

The number is all I am really sure what it says.  Color is yellowish and red with kinda a purple handle.  Kinda a *weird color combo*  :huh2:

Any info on it?  Age?  Maker?  What the bottom does say?  What is the glass effect called?  A little lost on this piece, as this is my First Kosta Boda piece here -- but for .50 cents, I guess it is worth it.  Is it rare, or not??  Or anything worthy at all?

Thanks for any help.   :kissy:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Kosta Boda -- Signed ???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »
from the collection artistique - miniature versions of the larger vases, late eighties through nineties.  Eng is Eva Englund I think, 89 would be the year.

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »
Could this be Kjell Engman...?

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
Could this be Kjell Engman...?

Thanks for some names to try here.  I just found this one on Fleabay HERE with a signature......does that Signature *look* like mine ???  I only point to this for the Signature --as the items are different.

I can't tell by the writing, as both are Sloppy.... :pb:

Also as Ivo said *Miniature* is correct.  I forgot to take the size of it -- but in the mean time, I did take a pic of the size of it.....it is small  :spls:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
 :24: :24: :24: fleabay pricing. 

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »
Hi Rose pretty sure Greg is right Kjell Engman and Josha Boda Lol is Kosta boda note the 'K' in Kosta and the first letter of the signature? 'K'
Chris :sun:

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 05:59:34 AM »
It is indeed Kjell Engman and I think it's one of the "Bon Bon" series.  "Art. Coll." is the Artist Collection, Kosta Boda's more artistic line. The numbers are code:  8 = jug; 90 = year of design (1990).

Nice find, and ridiculously good buy for that money.

Congrats.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:25 AM »
Thanks Everyone!!   :kissy: :kissy:

I am happy with this little item with the signature too.   Have not found a larger version of this (if this is a Miniature of the larger version??) .......or just a miniature, period ?? .  I will keep looking now with the other info that you have given me to see what I can find.

Yup, get price for it.  There was a *community garage sale* in our community this weekend.  I only went to a couple about 1/2 block away from my home.  This is were I found this little treasure.

Hi Rose pretty sure Greg is right Kjell Engman and Josha Boda Lol is Kosta boda note the 'K' in Kosta and the first letter of the signature? 'K'
Chris :sun:

I thought it might have said Kosta Boda on the bottom --------- BUT there was just no way that looked like a *K* to me.....neither of them looked like a *K* as in Kosta or in *K* in the name Kjell....just did not look like a *K* at all

:thud: Thought it looked more like Josha  :spls2: :24: :pb:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 03:42:28 AM »
It is indeed Kjell Engman and I think it's one of the "Bon Bon" series.  "Art. Coll." is the Artist Collection, Kosta Boda's more artistic line. The numbers are code:  8 = jug; 90 = year of design (1990).

Nice find, and ridiculously good buy for that money.

Congrats.

David

Thanks -- Question here:  I am not finding on the Net very many examples of this (none) or even any other one in the Artist Collection of different types.  Nor am I finding many Mini ones at all.  Can anyone find some examples for me -- and I am not having any luck.

Are these mini examples *based* upon a real large piece?  As I am not finding any large pieces like this either.... :thud:

As for the Mini like might, since I can not find any examples of this piece -- What would one expect a price to be around?  Only being that I can not find any examples, and this is the first piece of Kosta Boda I have (and signed)

Help  :help: Thanks  :kissy:

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:01 AM »
I'm not sure it would be known as a miniature, just one of a series that came in a variety of sizes.  I know enough about Engman to know that he's been very prolific, but not enough to know how much this piece would be worth. Prices for Engman are highly variable, as you've no doubt noticed. I'm not sure how "exclusive" the Artist Collection was at this time.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand