No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: WANTED JOBLING LADY FIGURE 2541 IN BLACK PLEASE  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Morgan48

• Members
WANTED JOBLING LADY FIGURE 2541 IN BLACK PLEASE
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »

Hi All...... currently looking for Joblings 2541 lady figure in black.... both varieties i.e with or without the roses...... also looking for same please in satin amber and clear amber....... Can anyone confirm the existence of this figure in opaline please....???

Many thanks

Gareth

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: WANTED JOBLING LADY FIGURE 2541 IN BLACK PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »
Hi Gareth,

I think you'll be looking for a long time... The 2541 in jet (black) is very scarce, though one turned up on Ebay recently and sold for quite a bit. As far as I'm aware, black was not a regular production colour for the 2541 figure, though at least a couple are known of. It also would appear that only the early style was produced in black, though I suppose it's not beyond the realm of possibility that some black later figures were made, either to special order or as an experiment, though I've not seen a single example in all the years I've been collecting Jobling.

By opaline do you mean pearl (moonstone opal) or opalique? Again figures in either of these colours are very rare, though I have it on good authority that there's an opalique 2541 in a private collection. I've never come across any examples in pearl though, but it seems reasonable to think it might have been trialled along with jet in the early days of production.

Steven

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
Opalique and Pearl ones do exist too -(but alas not for sale)

Cheers
M

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

Hi Steve and M

Steve

Many thanks for response.... I had a feeling I might be aiming at the moon but now it seems even that is unrealistic. I obviously underestimated the one on Ebay and regret having not considered it more thoroughly.
I am rather hoping that posting on here might help me reach a potential buyer because of the obvious glass connections... just need to hope that I dont have too long to wait as I'm at the wrong end of the calendar for that..... anyway...theres a lot more in life....again very many thanks ... Gareth

Hi M

Thanks for confirming that as I hadn't even considered a Pearl version.... Do you know if its possible to obtain any photographs of these please and do you have any idea at all of "quantities" with regards to rarity.... Many regards and thanks Gareth

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »
Gareth

I suspect both are very very rare (only ever seen one of each) -Jobling did a few strange colour pieces (I once saw a lampton vase in dark semi opaque blue)

Alas I suspect both my opalique and pearl ladies are deep in crates -I will have a look but don't hold your breathe!

neither alas had their frogs

cheers

Mike

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »

Good afternoon Mike

Ladies locked away deep in crates possibly violates some Human Rights law !!!!.... so to release them for a photographic session will probably be welcomed all around....except from the miner of course..... Seriously though would very much appreciate if one of these wet summer days .... or autumn/winter ones come to that ..... that you could photograph them..... Seems a bit of a tragedy to hidden away like that.

Regards

Gareth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand