No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a real piece of Mdina glass  (Read 1801 times)

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Is this a real piece of Mdina glass
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »
Hi all,
I bought this bit of ' Mdina ' glass today, but I haven't come across a bit like it before, is it just a Mdina sticker? the base isn't polished like most bits and there is no Mdina mark. The cased colour is more like a Whitefriars Kingfisher blue than the photos show. Approx 4 1/2" high it has a flat back and a rippled front. Any and all comments welcome.
Cheers in advance,
David  :sc:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Is this a real piece of Mdina glass
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »
These have been on the board before, a little textured ornament from Mdina. There are similar from Mtarfa too.

John

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:17:40 AM »
Thanks John, I had put Mdina paper weight into the GMB search but after 3 pages of sea horses/ chess pieces I gave up! Are these paper weights or just ornaments for catching the light, and would you know how long ago they were made?
Thanks again,
David  :sc:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »
Paperweight, trinket, ornament - take your pick. As for age, I guess it is safe to assume it was made before the introduction of plastic labels, you may find some info on the history section of the Mdina Glass website.

John

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
Thanks for your help John  :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand