No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta SH224 Mona Morales-Schildt  (Read 3210 times)

Offline px

• Members
Kosta SH224 Mona Morales-Schildt
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:22 PM »
I came home with this small 16cm vase from a fleamarket. It really looks good beside my other vases of the same colour.  :rah:
I found some information of it in the internet from various sites so I suppose it was designed by Mona Morales-Schildt in the 60s.

Would anyone happen to know what the small additional marks below the design number, probably 19 or IG... mean?
Some site showed a similar vase that had an additional letter and they say the was marked for the store that ordered / sold them.

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
Re: Kosta SH224 Mona Morales-Schildt
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »
Is it an upside down W ? The only engraved store mark I've seen before is a W on some Kosta pieces. Can't remember which store, but if Daniel doesn't beat me to it I'll check tomorrow

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply, taylog !
No, really to me it is more like IG ... I think I managed to get a better picture of it  (or we did, me and cornflour and macro.... ::) ), see?

Now I also notice - if that is intended - a slash mark in between?

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »
W stands for a distributor(Wettergrens) , a store in the Swedish town Gothenburg.

But in this case i think it is a number combination, for example 123/456

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »

Thanks, Daniel.   Then it is SH224/19, what ever that stood for.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
PX:

I've got the same piece but in amber. I agree with Daniel that it's more likely to be numbers, perhaps signifying a variation, in colour, for example, of the basic design.  Here's a shot of mine. It's a little out of focus but you can see the numbers pretty clearly.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »
Thanks for confirming that, David!  :)  So there used to be a slash between the numberings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand