No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: For reference: Pavel Panek Rosice 2305 / 18cm bowl with circular pattern  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Just for reference as I haven't seen this bowl on the GMB...  A Pavel Panek bowl for Rosice, design number 2305/18 from 1974.  It's 18cm wide, 9,5cm tall and weighs 1252g.  The are 32 indented knobs going around the bowl and 19 more to the base.  The indentations can be felt from the inside in the form of rounded knobbles.  The bowl appears in the 1974/2 edition of the CGR.  Emil has got the same bowl and some earlier vases on his Bohemia Blog.

As a little side note, this rather 'original' bowl has caused a bit of a rift in my home... my husband decided that this 'monstrosity of a pee-pot' is the last straw and that I've obviously lost any bit of sense I had.   ::)

It might not have an initial wow-factor, but the more you handle it and look at it, the more attractive it becomes... honestly.  :)

Offline Put-Lug

• Members
    • England - South Coast - By the Sea!
I don't know why he would feel this way ...

I rather like it, in fact I would definately have bought it, if I had seen it at the car boot sale this morning.......

Had it not been cancelled by the miserable weather.... :ac1:
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Actually, he called it a "pickle-jar" that was transformed into "a monstrosity of a pee-pot."   :-X

(Sorry to hear your boot sale was cancelled this morning... how upsetting. :spls:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand