No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors VASE  (Read 2517 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Orrefors VASE
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »
Clear glass vase - orrefors - etched flowers to front - etched to base JFP 1794 111 SN

Any Help appreciated

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Re: Orrefors VASE
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
Here is a view of the base

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:16:29 AM »
Hi:

Does it actually say Orrefors on the bottom? The JFP on an Orrefors piece would be the code for the designer, but as far as I know, JFP isn't the code of any Orrefors designer I've heard of. The production number doesn't fit with Orrefors either. Likely done by  another Scandinavian company.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 06:15:59 AM »
the code looks like codes used by Val St. Lambert - a string of abbrev and fig that never made any sense to me. I've seen them before on engraved crystal pieces like this.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
If the base is flat it may be better to take the signatures from a shallow angle so the distortions of the thick glass are taken out of the way.  I have attached two photos that illustrate how much easier it is to examine a signature if the internal colours and patterns of the vase do not distort your view.  I chose a particluar Kosta Boda Vase of mine for my example.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand