No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identify a Great Ormond St. Hosp. Charity piece please....everyone.  (Read 524 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hi Folks,  like many people, we owe a great debt to Great Ormond Street Hospital, and they have an eBay listing which I think may not be painted, but may be spatter glass....can you all please look at the listing for me and leave a reply here of your thoughts so that I can advise the lister?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180680793155&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Many thanks,
Rosie. xx
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Hi Rosie, looks like a pair of spatter glass posy vases, probably Czech, missing the metal flower frogs.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
I agree with Wayne. A better condition report would be more conducive to a sale as well. (Just for info, it is only a partial charity sale, i.e., 10%)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
The charity is "Save the Children" - not St. Ormond St.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Thanks Christine an Wayne.....good of you ro do this so quickly.

You are so right Sue....I had just given them the identification for a Heron Glass Swan which had a donation for Great Ormond Street Hospital, and assumed this was the same charity....however, I am just as happy helping any Charity listing, even when it is 10%....as somebody once said, "every little helps!"

Are the flower frogs replaceable by any chance please?
The seller has upped the starting price so that they don't get a bid before I can confirm they are Spatter Vases, but a realistic start price from any of you would be so appreciated.

Thanks again.....you are a great bunch. :kissy:
Rosie.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
hello rosie    -     The supports aren't frogs as such  -  just brassy plated looking cheap metal grills that (usually) fit over the top rim........and finding two replacements probably as rare as hen's teeth.     I don't collect these so haven't a clue on value, but suspect that even for a pair it isn't very high - but am sure one of the collectors of Czechoslvakian spatter material will be able to advise you - as always, value is just what someone will pay, so  :X:, and I wish them the best of success.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Thanks Paul  :sun: ....you would think the glass would be the most likely to get broken and the flower frogs be in abundance, wouldn't you......
I was wondering if, as they are not a matching pair, they might do better being listed separately......would you agree?
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand