No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Johan Wilhelm Johansson ?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Johan Wilhelm Johansson ?
« on: June 14, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
I have listed a Hadeland bowl on ebay that is signed  Hadeland 3015 JWJ this i thought was Willy Johasson ,i have received a friendly email from Norway suggesting this is WJs father!!! can anyone add to this interesting piece of info . tak jp

Offline mbmb

• Members
Re: Johan Wilhelm Johansson ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
Hi

Yes, the bowl on eBay is indeed by Johan Wilhelm Johansson, father of the much more famous Willy Johansson. JWJ was Hadeland’s master glass blower and the craftsman in charge of the workshop that developed and made the art glass range from around 1950. He also designed some 40 models which he executed himself. Also, quite a few of the other Hadeland designers’ art glass pieces you find from the 1950s, including those of his son Willy, were executed by Johan Wilhelm. On the earliest pieces you can find his initials together with the designer’s own. I know this can be a bit confusing, but it was Hadeland’s way of acknowleding both the designer and the craftsman behind each piece. Johan Wilmhelm Johansson retired in 1958, but a few of his models bearing his signature remained in the catalogue for some years, including your eBay bowl.

yours
mbmb

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Johan Wilhelm Johansson ?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »
Cheers mbmb i have checked with google its just as you say , thanks its hard to believe 1950 looks new . :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand