No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed little fish ID = James Dodson, Tasmania (Australia)  (Read 7118 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Signed little fish
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
I rather suspect this little fish has had a long swim.  Almost certain it is by James Dodson in Tasmania, Australia.

http://www.tasglassblowers.com.au/jdmg.html

Thought I had a bit by him with signature - but I don't - didn't like the man so I didn't buy after all.  Don't beleive the publicity about the ONLY hot glass studio - Richard Clements has been working for at least 8 years longer and still is.  He does not currently make fish it seems but his frogs and birds are excellent.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
Well spotted Ross that is fantastic!  :hiclp:

If you choose gallery then hover the mouse over Figurines and then choose reef fish you see a few more in this design: http://www.tasglassblowers.com.au/jdmg.html

I was not expecting this to be so quick.  :rah:

John

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
Oh Poo!!  I saw this thread when you first posted it John, and wanted to say....'looks Australian to me'  but had nothing to hang my hunch on, so just kept a watch on it......wish I spoken up!! :thud:

I don't collect fish......it would mean another 600 pieces to find a space for,  but I have to say this is a lovely simple piece that speaks volumes without being fussy in design.....just the type of glass I like.

I have to hand it to you Ross.......I'm impressed, I expect there is some advantage in being in the actual country! :usd:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Signed little fish ID = James Dodson, Tasmania (Australia)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »
I now have 2 of his pieces,  the Yellow Throated Honey Eater and the Eastern Rosella.  Both signed and one with the label on ,  the other with its original box and inner leaflet.  They are very pretty and look lovely in the cabinet... sorry Ross,  I do like them.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Signed little fish ID = James Dodson, Tasmania (Australia)
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
Here are a couple of little pals, rescued from a local collectables shop. The signature actually says "JA Dodson" as can be seen more clearly in these examples (one from the leading fish and the other from a platter, earlier and uncramped enough to permit better handwriting).

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand