No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Incalmo bowl  (Read 5688 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Archimede Seguso Incalmo bowl
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
Hi All just picked this up and love it. Paid more than I planned but they are a bit hard to find. It still has the outline of the AS label and a lovely lady from the USA sent me a photo of her example of this style with both AS labels.

It has some marks on the glass that looks like snail trails or oil spills, you have to get it in the right light to see it. Anybody seen these marks before and anyway to remove them?

110mm (4") wide and 50mm (2") deep.

Pictures are not great but I was farting around with a small camera my partners boy dumped here.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Archimede Seguso Incalmo bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
I have seen odd almost oily looking deposits (like a 'bloom') left after a bowl was used at as an ashtray for a long time. Conventional cleaning and scrubbing did nothing to remove them but they did polish out with some cerium powder and water, T Cut would probably work as well.

John

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »
FANTASTIC FIND!!!!!!!!!! :rah:  That is one AWESOME bowl!!!!  I have seen some like it on Ebay and they usually go for a lot of money.  It isn't often they come up for sale on Ebay.  

tam bam

P.S. - I love AS's murrine work.  His murrines are so defined. 

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
Thanks John - These seem to be on the outside of the bowl. Was yours the same?

Will give it a go.

regards
Archimede tops my list.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »
FANTASTIC FIND!!!!!!!!!! :rah:  That is one AWESOME bowl!!!!  I have seen some like it on Ebay and they usually go for a lot of money.  It isn't often they come up for sale on Ebay. 

tam bam

P.S. - I love AS's murrine work.  His murrines are so defined. 

Thanks Tami - this is the only piece with his murrines in it that I have. You don't see much of it so I guess he didn't do much. Are there any other forms you have seen?
Archimede tops my list.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Hi Ardy,

AS did a lot of murrine work in their day.  Especially in the AS jewelry.  I tried to get an AS pendant a few months back and lost the bid.  Oh well, I guess there is always next time.  

tam bam

Here is a murrine pendant that I found.  This one was similar to the one I was trying to get on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=230602958702&nma=true&rt=nc&si=sn5eQ3exRD3wwyE4vroO5UqMOp4%253D

Here is also a paper weight I found on Javier's site.

http://www.trocadero.com/svazzo/items/1013640/item1013640store.html

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »
Funny Tami I watched that pendent too. Forgot about it before bid time and missed out.

Didn't realise he did a fair amount of murrine work and that paper weight on Javier's site is very unusual.

Thanks for posting those links will keep my eye out for more work of his with murrines.

regards
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »
These seem to be on the outside of the bowl. Was yours the same?

No, the marks were on the inside of a bowl, I assumed they were the result of cigarettes being stubbed out on it. It looked like a bloom or sheen across the surface, not quite iridescent but with similar properties.

If yours are on the outside I would want to know if they were deliberate first and what they are. How about some photos?

John

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 03:18:16 AM »
 :hiclp: :hiclp:  Beautiful piece of Glass  :hiclp: :hiclp:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 12:15:41 AM »
Hi all..............I gave away a yellow one about three years ago. I dropped and broke a green one last year! I passed on a blue one yesterday at the Elkhorn Flea Market cause the guy wouldn't do better than eighty bucks! So , all I have left is my red one.................Jerry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand