No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: signed afors 3045 red bowl  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: signed afors 3045 red bowl
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 06:49:42 AM »
I don't think David was disparaging your piece. I think he was trying to say it was standard production, which means it's unlikely to be unique. Afors was a glass factory, therefore they would have produced 100s of these. The number is a design number. The fact that it has Afors on the bottom indicates that it was produced before 1976. After then it would have had Kosta Boda on it.

Little is known about Afors I suspect because it became part of the much larger Kosta in 1946, though its products weren't marked Kosta Boda until 1976.

Ross asked for a better picture for the benefit of everyone reading the board; the better the quality of the information and photos you supply the more likely it is that someone may be able to help.

Value is subjective, so you are unlikely to get much more help on this board than David has given you. Ebay is always a good place to look for current prices.

The important thing is that you like it (after all, everyone's taste is different) and you are happy with what you paid.

Offline cindyann

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
My apologies as well, I shouldn't have gotten so offended, sorry David. I appreciate your time and advice, I was not having a very good day yesterday and I by no means should have taken that out on you! I love the piece I have and and that is all that matters. Thanks again.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
CIndyann:

Thanks for clearing that up. I agree that monetary value and uniqueness of the piece (or otherwise) aren't the most important factors. The origins of my Afors piece may be humble, but it is still displayed proudly.

And thanks to Lustrousstone (Christine) for writing what I was trying to write much more clearly.  Editors are wonderful.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline cindyann

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »
Agreed and your piece is very lovely and my favorite color!  :girlcheer:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum