No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Or Something Else???...  (Read 5135 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Archimede Seguso Or Something Else???...
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
LOL rose... :sun:

The spirals on that piece you listed ardy look thicker and there is definitely less of them compared to mine. Could this piece be a bit later than mine???...I thinky the sig may be good. It doesn't look like a bad dremmel....???!!!

Only thing that concerns me about my piece is the sommerso effect and the thick 'wad' of clear glass at the end. I can only assume he wanted different effects for these pieces... :huh:

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
Hi Kane

There is a bit of confusion in my mind about this style of AS. I have seen a few that I have been concerned are Chinese, they are irregular in the spirals and not finished well at the top. Not sure if this style has been copied  but there are a fair few of them about (if you are looking). With the age and old label on the bottom of yours I am sure yours is genuine.

Regarding the signature on the bottom. This was a tourist piece for AS and used in various other designs, lamps, bottles etc., he would not have signed them as he signed only significant pieces.

This is my perfume bottle.

Thanks for the $27 note - I just hated you before, now you have become the Arch Enemy (lucky I don't hold a grudge).
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
Hi Kane

Thanks for the $27 note - I just hated you before, now you have become the Arch Enemy (lucky I don't hold a grudge).

:24: @ or   :24:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
:24: @ or   :24:
I care not how the pennies for this glass went.   'Ask not for whom the till rings, it rings for Kane'  :grrr: :hb2: :hm: :hb1: :bsh: :thud:
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »
Exellent. The sprials on you perfume bottle look like my vase...;D That is a beautiful perfume bottle by the way ardy.

I am thoroughly pleased this is an A.S piece, since I don't have a lot of his work, but the collection is slowly getting bigger! Thanks everyone for the help and the laughs... ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand