No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear Pressed Glass Bowl w/ Leaf & Dot Pattern....Scandi? ID = Lausitzer Glas  (Read 4939 times)

Offline px

• Members
I apologize did not want to hurt anybody's feelings, of course.  I am more than happy the question was solved and did not actually comment on anything else but the link.

Truth is what it is, however, and it is good to know. I will not change my opinion for wrong attributions spread on websites and will try to correct them whenever I see one.

I do hope we will not get into my choice of words further as I have seen many threads not leading to anything positive when people get hurt for someone uttering a fact (or even when nobody says anything...) although this is only a matter of what glass is and what not. Please remember this is the internet and English is not my native language.
You may do whatever you feel is best for the forum with my comments. Thank you.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
I know exactly what you mean px, I am constantly battling with sellers who think that any glass animal with bubbles inside are Whitefriars and any glass squirrel is Wedgwood,  usually spelled Wedgewood!!

I am sure Dorian is so pleased that the correct attribution has been found in a relatively short time scale and that other matching pieces still look as though they are available.

As for your English,  well,  all I can say is, if I could speak or write any other language as fluently as you do I would be very proud of myself.

So let's all just share in the joy that Dorian must be feeling at the moment.  :sun:

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand