Author Topic: Mainly clear big vase with Mstisov?-coloured lenses ID = Karlovarske Sklo  (Read 1003 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Robert:  Thanks, I was surprised and pleased at the attribution. Not to disparage modern Chribska (at least in public), but this is a much better quality piece in every way.  It was one of those pieces that whisper insistently, "You may not know who or what I am but buy me now and I'll enrich your life."

Anik:  Well spotted. I had looked over that page within the last couple of months and it didn't jump out at me. THey're not the same. However, there are enough similarities between the pieces in there and my vase to make me think that it's quite likely they were the forerunners of the my current piece and of the candlestick in the other thread.  They would also suggest that Oldřich Lipa was the designer of both. I'm happy with that.

Many thanks, o-sharp-eyed one.

David

PS  Have a look at my new listing to Picasa later today. A nice Beranek bowl, but in a colour you won't like, and a wonderful 'Albatros' vase by Metelak for Harrachov. Perhaps you won't like it, but, my, is it impressive.

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
David, I very much like your new Beranek bowl! That pinkish-brownish-salmony colour looks just fine in hotworked pieces  (not so fine in pressed pieces).  I don't like the 'albatros' vase, though... just too much going on with it.  

:kissy:
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Anik:

I can see why you might not like the 'Albatros' in terms of aesthetics. However, the technique is very impressive.  The Beranek is fine in every way. Both found in Canada, btw.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand