No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech Cut and and Faceted thick Rectangular Clear vase - Tchecoslovaquie  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi All,

Hoping to try and find out a little more on this cut and faceted thick walled Czech vase. Marked with an acid etched mark to the bottom corner 'TCHECOSLOVAQUE' which i gather is a generic Czech export mark for the French market. Wondering if its possible to find anything else about this specific design. Seems very well made, would date from around the 60's I would guess....?

Measures 3 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide, very thick glass.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Greg

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Try wading through the Glass Reviews here http://www.cs-sklo.cz/

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thanks Frank,  I'll start wading.  :)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
I am not sure you will get succes becouse CGR does not document the First Czechoslovak Republic glass widely (1st Czechoslovak republic was from 28.10.1918 to 30.9.1938).

I would expect that your glass is somewhere from Jablonec region Riedel, Hoffman, no firm idea but pre WWII period

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thanks for the hint about CGR and your info Jindrich, all info greatly received.

Think that's as close as I'm going to get with this one. :)

Many thanks

Greg

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Don't give up!

I am surprised that this design is 30s but had wondered because of the mark and when I replied I could not enlarge images (rural internet can suck  :cry:)

I have also noticed that most of the marked pieces I am seeing turn out to be pre WW2 designs,  even if they continued in production post-war with same moulds and marks included.

Is this generally true Jindrich?

One good example being this Citrus juicer Rosice pattern 10 but bearing an Inwald mark in use from 1886-1920!

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thanks for the encouragement Frank...I'll persevere and see If I can dig anything out.

Many thanks
Greg
 :)   

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Absolutely true Frank, many pre-war designs and moulds had been used for many years utnil 60ties, 70ties.
Some moulds had to be re-made and a bit re-designed to fullfill new technology conditions but basic design - namely from Schrötter or Hanyka were adopted.

I know that Mr. Vizner had got task to renew and redesign the Schrötter's "Lord" set, Mr. Urban had to refresh others, I will check it with him what it was.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand