No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: @ KevH  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Nadine

• Members
    • Paperweights24.com
@ KevH
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
Hello KevH,

regarding your execution yesterday at the PCC-Meeting in Cambridge, Ronny asked me to show you this bottle:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7389540613&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:DE:72

I thought it could be Murano but Ronny says, the white Canes in the stopper could be Ysart ?

What do you think

Best wishes
Nadine

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
@ KevH
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
KevH executed... Oh no... caned to death?

RIP

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Nadine

• Members
    • Paperweights24.com
@ KevH
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
sorry for my bad english, it seems I use a bad translation programm:

http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&relink=on&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=Vortrag

I mean his talk yesterday.

Hope everything is going well with KevH :oops:

Nadine

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
@ KevH
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 11:04:42 PM »
Hi Nadine,

"Execution" ... Right word, just a shame that English too often has many meanings for the same word.  :D But that's perhaps why in English, so many jokes and satirical comments can me made very easily - it can be fun.

Please say hi to Ronny for me. I saw him briefly but did not get to speak with him. In fact, I did not get to speak with many people at the meeting, although there were several requests for information and UV checks on weights.

For the eBay bottle it is true that in the stopper the inner canes [purple flashed over white with grey (?) centre] and outer canes [white elements around green-white-red (?) core] in the stopper could be thought to be "Scottish" or Ysart-style, particuarly the inner ones. But the multi-ribbed cog canes (stoppper and base) are regular "Murano". As far as I know, the "Scottish-looking" canes are of Murano make but it can be confusing.

I don't have a lot of information about Murano canes, and mostly I rely on a few certain types for a general identification. But I do have a Murano weight that was bought by the previous owner from a dealer in Scotland and was thought to be Vasart. Although I knew (95%) that it was not Vasart, it took me a few weeks to properly confirm that is was Murano.

This is the sort of observation I was talking about in my presentation. I think it is good that people look closely at individual parts and raise questions. In this case, though, as well as the "very coggy" canes, the form of the Inkwell, with the very wide neck rim and also the shape of the stem of the stopper (what can be seen of it) confirm that is is not of (usual) Scottish manufacture.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline m1asmithw8s

• Members
    • http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/m1asmith/
@ KevH
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »
That bottle is absolutely Modern Italian.
The seller ID's it as Italian but calls it old. It's not old   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand