No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: small amber glass nude kneeling lady, holding a bowl above her head, Beautiful.  (Read 5410 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi all
I bought this gorgeous little piece but havent been able to find her.
At first i thought it may be Walther, and a part of a set (frog or dressing table) but no luck as yet. does anybody recognise her?
She is a real stunner and has an amazing bottom.
Very well made with great detail even her toes and fingers are well moulded
The base is flat and well polished the top is also smooth, the lady and underside of the bowl are frosted. The rim on the bowl is polished and bevelled
7.5cm tall, bowl 7.5cm in diameter.
Ive had a real good look with an eye glass and have been unable to find any marks, signitures or numbers.
thanks michelle
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/Jul112011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPvng4fYl9-3yQE#
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/37/17/66/100_1110.jpg

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Love to know too been admiring one in an antique centre in Harrogate for quite a while though it is expensive
Chris

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Is it the same size as mine Chris?? such a wee thing, i think that really adds to the attraction. Beautifully moulded piece.
I was very surprised to see this at the end of the day (well 11.45 at a car boot is the end of the day) and very cheap. Even though she is tiny i spotted her at 100 yards and had to get her.
michelle
just added this link as im not sure if the other picasa one was working as the album was closed
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/Jul112011#

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
A nice little figure, this was originally a Schlevogt pattern from the 1930s. As with many of these Czech moulded pieces, however, it has been in production ever since. Desna offer the figure, which they call 'Beutifull Atlanta' (their spelling!), it can be seen here: http://desna-glass.cz/www/products-detail.php?id=76

Steven

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
 :hiclp: thanks Steven, I really was looking in completely the wrong place then, no wonder i wasnt having any luck.
will pop her onto the czech glass file and the czech glass group on facebook now
thanks again
michelle

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Same size Michelle tiny probably about 3" high and well made the dealer seems to think it's worth a bit too
 Chris :sun:

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Oh that is lovely Michelle, what an a amazing find.....precious stuff eh? Desna is nice glass....I was hoping my zebra was Desna....but probably not. :cry:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Chris with regards to value, After the info Steven has given i would imagine it all depends on the age as to whether its an original Schlevogt piece or a later Desna one. I belive mine to be the later Desna as its perfect, virtually no signs of wear or age on mine.
I am really quite in love with this little piece to be honest, strangley enough, i kinda liked it when i bought it but the more ive studied her the more attatched i am becoming, but then i love the deco and Nouveau period.
Plus good news, she is so small she should very easily fit into my collection  :X:

Rosie she is a real beauty and at the princely sum of £3 i shall be keeping her. Ive seen a few pieces of Desna i really like at fairs but its always been well out of my price range at the time, so now my new collection begins  ;D
I havent seen your zebra, is it on here, will have a look for it now
xx michelle xx

Offline meegs

• Members
Michelle,
She is lovely and I would have snapped her up at twice the price   :thud:
I think I might need to plan a little trip to the UK and your boot sales!
Cheers
Meegs
( in Kiwi-istan where we have been stuck in a weather holding pattern of high winds thunderstorms and rain
and will be for another couple of days at least   ...hmmmm)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Thanks Meegs, i am very pleased with her. Hope your weather gets better soon.
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand