Author Topic: Wanted to buy Walther Glass  (Read 6425 times)

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
Re: Wanted to buy Walther Glass
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
I go on ebay up to 3 hours every day and have purchased over 600 pieces of glass from ebay , these pieces seldon come up , I am just asking , or just hopeing , I am even comeing over to UK and Europe to buy glass next week , I didnt get any help in any requests i have made so far so hopeing the hotel has some one that can help to get to the Lincoln and Newark fairs , Thanks REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi Rex
Have you had any luck with the fairs info? Lincoln is the best to go to up North but be prepared as there are a lot of dealers and collectors of Deco glass who go to that one.
I have a glass dealer contact who has a lot of glass in their stock but they do charge high prices if you are prepared to pay a lot...would that be of any use to you?
They do stand at Lincoln and Newark and have some amazing pieces.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:03:30 AM »
Thanks Nigel , i am prepared to pay what ever i think its worth , your prices in England are a lot better than what they want in Australia ,On ebay i have managed to get some good pieces for cheap and some i pay too much but i think it equals out ,i know  I will have to pay top dollar for what i want so i am prepared , My blue koalas arrived yesterday and my animal base brockwitz bowl so i am very happy today , my wife picked them up while i was at work and when i got home last night they were on the table , I will get to at least one of the fairs somehow , Thanks REX

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »
Nigel can you give me a rough idea what some of the pieces i want sell for ? The only way i have of working out what they are worth is what they sell for on ebay , So can i have a  rough price i would be expected to pay for ,Glasgow, Orla , Goose girl at these fairs then i can see what i am up for, Thanks REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi Rex
I bought a blue Glasgow from them and that was £450.I have had most of my Orlas from them but I did swaps for those pieces so not sure how much they sell those for.I did see a pink Goosegirl in the pink seerose lilypad bowl for £225 on their stall once.I recently bought an amber Goosegirl from a private seller for £60 which I thought a good price.My green goosegirl has a little nick on her and she was £38 and my blue one was £10 from Newark.My pink Goosegirl was through a swap.
My pink Glasgow was £90 and my amber Glasgow was I think £225...just need the green one!
I am actually getting a green Orla shortly which will be a spare one but unfortunately she is already spoken for.I myself love doing swaps but as you know there is not a lot of people who have the pieces I want so I tend to hold onto my good swaps for future.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
Thanks very much , I think those prices are what i expected ,if i can get those pieces for even 50% higher with no nicks only manufacture flaws i would be happy , Thanks REX

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
I have been over and went to the Lincoln show , we didnt find a glasgow bowl but got a couple of Brockwitz bowls and a glass basket that a glass sales used the one with all the different paterns on it , and another lion for my collection ,i needed a another amber one and found it so now have 2 in 3 colours , Anyway any body have any rarer walther or brockwitz they would like to sell let me know ,thanks Rex and Terri

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
Hello havent posted in a while , i am still after a goose girl by walther , she has long platted hair and a goose next to her any colour will do , Nigel came through and found me an Orla in a clear , i would also like a piece a boy rideing a turtle , my mother in Law does turtle watch , she spends  hours every night  walking up and down beaches where they lay their eggs , she tags and counts how many eggs and when they hatch counts and weighs how many ,she has done it for 15 years and does it voluntary to help wildlife , i would like on for het prefer with bowl ,can any one help , Thanks REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
Hi Rex
I do have 2 amber goosegirls but I am only willing to part with her as a swap.
I will certainly have a look out for you when I am at the fairs.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:02 AM »
That would be very appreciated , thanks REX

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand