No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wanted to buy Walther Glass  (Read 17899 times)

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
Re: Wanted to buy Walther Glass
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
I go on ebay up to 3 hours every day and have purchased over 600 pieces of glass from ebay , these pieces seldon come up , I am just asking , or just hopeing , I am even comeing over to UK and Europe to buy glass next week , I didnt get any help in any requests i have made so far so hopeing the hotel has some one that can help to get to the Lincoln and Newark fairs , Thanks REX

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi Rex
Have you had any luck with the fairs info? Lincoln is the best to go to up North but be prepared as there are a lot of dealers and collectors of Deco glass who go to that one.
I have a glass dealer contact who has a lot of glass in their stock but they do charge high prices if you are prepared to pay a lot...would that be of any use to you?
They do stand at Lincoln and Newark and have some amazing pieces.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:03:30 AM »
Thanks Nigel , i am prepared to pay what ever i think its worth , your prices in England are a lot better than what they want in Australia ,On ebay i have managed to get some good pieces for cheap and some i pay too much but i think it equals out ,i know  I will have to pay top dollar for what i want so i am prepared , My blue koalas arrived yesterday and my animal base brockwitz bowl so i am very happy today , my wife picked them up while i was at work and when i got home last night they were on the table , I will get to at least one of the fairs somehow , Thanks REX

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »
Nigel can you give me a rough idea what some of the pieces i want sell for ? The only way i have of working out what they are worth is what they sell for on ebay , So can i have a  rough price i would be expected to pay for ,Glasgow, Orla , Goose girl at these fairs then i can see what i am up for, Thanks REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi Rex
I bought a blue Glasgow from them and that was £450.I have had most of my Orlas from them but I did swaps for those pieces so not sure how much they sell those for.I did see a pink Goosegirl in the pink seerose lilypad bowl for £225 on their stall once.I recently bought an amber Goosegirl from a private seller for £60 which I thought a good price.My green goosegirl has a little nick on her and she was £38 and my blue one was £10 from Newark.My pink Goosegirl was through a swap.
My pink Glasgow was £90 and my amber Glasgow was I think £225...just need the green one!
I am actually getting a green Orla shortly which will be a spare one but unfortunately she is already spoken for.I myself love doing swaps but as you know there is not a lot of people who have the pieces I want so I tend to hold onto my good swaps for future.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
Thanks very much , I think those prices are what i expected ,if i can get those pieces for even 50% higher with no nicks only manufacture flaws i would be happy , Thanks REX

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
I have been over and went to the Lincoln show , we didnt find a glasgow bowl but got a couple of Brockwitz bowls and a glass basket that a glass sales used the one with all the different paterns on it , and another lion for my collection ,i needed a another amber one and found it so now have 2 in 3 colours , Anyway any body have any rarer walther or brockwitz they would like to sell let me know ,thanks Rex and Terri

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
Hello havent posted in a while , i am still after a goose girl by walther , she has long platted hair and a goose next to her any colour will do , Nigel came through and found me an Orla in a clear , i would also like a piece a boy rideing a turtle , my mother in Law does turtle watch , she spends  hours every night  walking up and down beaches where they lay their eggs , she tags and counts how many eggs and when they hatch counts and weighs how many ,she has done it for 15 years and does it voluntary to help wildlife , i would like on for het prefer with bowl ,can any one help , Thanks REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
Hi Rex
I do have 2 amber goosegirls but I am only willing to part with her as a swap.
I will certainly have a look out for you when I am at the fairs.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:02 AM »
That would be very appreciated , thanks REX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia