No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: The New English Glass Company.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline keith

• Members
The New English Glass Company.
« on: March 23, 2017, 01:54:15 PM »
Thought some members might be interested, this company was set up in 1912 by Stevens & Williams with lighting as its speciality, petrol pump tops included, using Czech glass blowers, from what I've read ( 'The Dynasty Builder' by David Williams- Thomas ) it seems that 'Caerlon' glass was also blown there, there being Dudley Port just east of Dudley now the site of the archives, I think.
         When S&W's thought about designing studio glass they also approached George Elliot and Richard Golding, news to me  ::) good book, worth a read  ;D ;D

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: The New English Glass Company.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
The Dudley Archives is at:
Dudley Archives and Local History Centre
Tipton Road,
Dudley,
DY1 4SQ
Tel: 01384 812770
Email: archives.centre AT dudley DOT gov DOT uk

[Mod: email address made spam-proof - change AT and DOT and close up spaces to use]

This is on the Tipton Road, just north, and along from, the Black Country Living Museum, about 1 .5 - 2 miles west of Dudley Port.

Fred.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: The New English Glass Company.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:34:48 PM »
Thanks Fred  ;D  did a lot of research there about Royal Brierley Studio, very nice people  ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand