Author Topic: My first Exbor fish...  (Read 3657 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
My first Exbor fish...
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
I was lucky last weekend and found my first Exbor fish :chky:
(Once again unmarked)

Life has not been very kind to this guy, as he is missing major parts of his back fins I guess -- but they have been quite nicely repaired (and I like the idea that some former owner cared so much for this piece of glass). I am still extremely happy and think he is a beauty nevertheless! :)

Here are the promised pics...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: My first Exbor fish...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
Oh Michael, he's absolutely, positively beautiful!  I love the colours, and everything about it... Such a lucky man!  And I do hope you will find a second, and a third, and then post them as they come along.

FANTASTIC!!!  :rah: :rah: :rah:

Edited to add:  Even my husband who despises 99% of the glass I show him says that your fish is a true beauty. ;D
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »
and it looks like he's missing his back fins too, but he's still a very nice fish indeed!   :hiclp:
I am not a man

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
Thanks a lot for the nice comments!

I really do not mind much that the back fins are missing -- the rest of him is still beautiful...
I guess he was some sort of swordtail once, now he looks more like a carp :)

Funny thing is that I am not able to find Exbor pieces with the proper acid stamp; this is my 5th piece so far, 3 are unmarked, 1 has a Borocrystal mark, and 1 is marked "II" (so a second I guess).

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 04:31:42 AM »
Does the 'II' on Exbor pieces really imply a second?

Back in April, there was a P. Hlava blue, yellow and clear cased vase (much like on page 115 of Hi Sklo) on offer on Allegro (as Murano) with a starting price of 150PLN.  It had a II at the bottom which confused me.  From what I could see, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the vase.  The piece went unsold.

Oh and Michael, even with the damage (which, honestly, I don't necessarily see), your fish is fabulous.
And I am jealous. ;D

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
I have seen Exbor stamped Stanislav Honzik fish at Solihull fair.
Unfortunately Exbor fishes were produced for many years also recently - see catalogue from 2009

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/EgermannSRO2009Figures?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTE27Hrl5S2OQ#

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
Well, I'd even be perfectly happy with a fish from recent production...  They're beautiful, newer or older. ;D

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
Thanks, Anik and Jindrich!

Like Anik, I do not really mind if it is newer or older production - I think they are all great! :)
And impossible to find out anyway...

But my fish doesn't appear in the 2009 catalogue Jindrich kindly provided, so at least older than that.

BTW, this is very odd: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,17384.0.html

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »
Michael, there is a fish similar enough to yours in the the 1965/12 CGR: http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/Glasrevue196512?authkey=Gv1sRgCOnBr_SphIi3hwE#5443269031071868082

As for the fish in the other link, I would have never thought 'Exbor'...  I wouldn't even have thought 'Czech'.  
Is it really Exbor???

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the link, Anik!
There is a very similar one in the 1969 Exbor catalogue on Jindrich's site (with almost the same colours as in mine): http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/EXBOR1969?authkey=Gv1sRgCLLirYHLk7vLCQ#5434393024940890002

Regarding the link to the strange fish I posted above: I would think there has to be a mistake, as the last thing that one resembles is an Exbor fish :usd:

Michael

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com