No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bagley wavy rim base in uranium  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Bagley wavy rim base in uranium
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »
in black these wavy rimmed bases are not uncommon  -  but I'd not seen a uranium example before  -  are they very rare?    This one measures very nearly 6.5" across the base (something to remember if you thought the measurement was taken from the top diameter) - and must be the largest that the book speaks of.    There is no "Made in England" on the underside.   Anyone know which piece of Bagley glass would have sat on this plinth?     As is so often the case when it's just the base that is found in the charity shop - they turn the plinth up the wrong way thinking it's supposed to be a bowl of some description  -  understandable I suppose.  thanks for looking. :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Bagley wavy rim base in uranium
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
might suggest the mods. remove that last sentence - off topic and unnecessary.     thanks.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
Can't help with your item -- I, like the charity shops workers, thought it was a bowl.

As for losing a much desired piece on ebay, I'll tell you exactly what you told me when I missed out on my Kotik vase on Allegro... Don't worry about it.  Another one will come along...       It's been over 6 months, Paul...  another one hasn't come along.

:kissy:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
o.k. I accept that when it is personal it is takes on a whole new meaning.......so I take back what I said, and I'm sorry for you that another hasn't materialized - and can only hope that I find another piece like what the one was like that what I lost ;).      Good to hear from you Anik  -  but you actually thought it was a bowl :24: :24:(only joking :kissy:)    Now back to my u. Bagley plinth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand