No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any Information on this? Venetian Crystal w/18k Gold  (Read 2055 times)

Offline HelloThere

• Members
Any Information on this? Venetian Crystal w/18k Gold
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
Found this decanter and 4 glass set cleaning out the attic.  Label says "Hand Blown Venetian Crystal Hand Decorated With 18k Gold"  Pictured Below:

Any information?

It looks similar (if not exactly) like this post I found elsewhere on the internet: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-bischoff-venetian-crystal-129705914

If so I might be missing 2 of the glasses?

Offline MuranoArtGlassChandeliers

• Members
  • Italian Decor and Glass Lights website
    • Murano Glass plus Antiques
    • Australia
    • Murano Art Glass Australia
Re: Any Information on this? Venetian Crystal w/18k Gold
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:53:42 AM »
Hi there

This Decanter and glass is made using a technique called "TRE FUOCI" which when tranlsated literally means "THREE FIRES".  All the Gold you see is liquid gold (22 CT or higher) that is individually hand painted on to each piece with glass paste slip trailed decoration use for those elements in white.  The paste flowers are glass paste which has been built up in layers the fired onto the piece.  The term tre fuoci means that the pieces are fired 3 times with each stage of the process addding a separate element.

I hope this helps

Ciao

Dean
Dean
CEO and Owner
Italian Decor Glass Lights
http://www.italiandecor-glasslights.com
salesandsupport@italiandecor-glasslights.com

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Any Information on this? Venetian Crystal w/18k Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
Thanks, Dean for the explanation on the technique used.  I found it very informative.  :hiclp:

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand