No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Exbor ashtray  (Read 1907 times)

Offline poppyparker

• Members
Exbor ashtray
« on: May 29, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Hello all

I have an Exbor ashtray that I can't find any information about.  Does anyone know the date and/or the name, designer etc?  Many thanks.

Offline poppyparker

• Members
Re: Exbor ashtray
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
Please may I bump this?  :)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Exbor ashtray
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
Hi Poppy, nice ashtray, a very refined and well cut piece, as you would expect from Exbor!

Have you tried a couple of hours browsing the glassreviews on the website of GMB member Jindrich? http://www.cs-sklo.cz/

Is the base acid etched Exbor Czechoslovakia, or Egermann-Exbor CZ Republic? It looks like a 1960's era design, but possibly Egermann-Exbor have reissued it which is why I am asking about the base acid etch.... I do not recognise the piece as by a specific designer unfortunately, but if I see it anywhere I will get back to you. I do not know whether it is possible to contact Egermann Exbor themselves with this kind of enquiry.... I know Moser acid etched pieces are very welcome at the modern Moser site, where the organisation has been extremely helpful where possible to GMB members in the past....

Robert (bOBA) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand