No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear Glass Fish Bookend(?) Tchecoslovague = Feigl and Morawetz, Libochovice  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Clear Glass Fish Bookend(?) Tchecoslovague
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
Hello,

Here are the pictures. The fish measures approximately 15.2 cm in height, measured to the tip of the fin. The base measures approx. 16.7 by 13 cm.

Marcus, I'll e-mail the high resolution versions if they are of use to you? Also, Frank, are they of any use for the Zoo?

Steven

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »
Here's another couple of pictures showing the mirror polished foot and moulded mark:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
Yes please Steven

Sklounion

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »
Stephen,
Thank you, your images are good, very good, and so this is another mystery solved.
This fish weight is from Feigl and Morawetz (Moravka), Libochovice, pattern number 1815, and almost certainly modelled by the Czech sculptor, Karel Zentner.
This is a top quality item, and  the images help to confirm the view that, between the wars, Libochovice was a producer of very fine pressed glass.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Marcus, Thank you very much for the information. I have just noticed a mistake in my earlier post, dimensions of base should be 13 cm by 6.7 cm.

I've also noticed Pamela has a satinised version with a different mark: http://pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/07048.html

Offline Muffy59

• Members
Hello,  I just happened to find this same piece in one of our Goodwill stores here in the US.  I paid .99 cents for it.  I have the opalized fish also marked Tchecoslovaguie underneath the front end of the piece.  There is also an unidentifiable marking on the right side where the "water wave" meets the base.  I am wondering what it is worth, if anything.  This was the only site that I could find that had any information and I am hoping that you can help me.  Much thanks in advance.  Carla A., Maine, USA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand