No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Glass Bowl/Ashtray? - ID = Rudolfova  (Read 1443 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Uranium Glass Bowl/Ashtray? - ID = Rudolfova
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »
First thoughts were that this is Czech possibly Hermanova or Skrdlovice but I can't find anything exactly like it.  There is a photo on P.156 of Marcus Newhall's book of a Jablonecke display with two bowls that look slightly similar but I can't see exactly. It is 9cm. tall, diameter 12.5cm. and weighs an impressive 1.1kg. and it appears to have been used for keeping keys etc. in. As usual I don't rule out that it was made elsewhere.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Uranium Glass Bowl/Ashtray?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 09:46:33 AM »
I've just found this piece on P.53 of the Rudolfova pre 1958 catalogue on Marcus Newhall's CD. Described as No.11426 125mm., but it doesn't actually say what it's purpose is. I will have to investigate further to try and find a designer.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Uranium Glass Bowl/Ashtray?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:27 PM »
I should have noticed it's actually in the ashtray section!

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Uranium Glass Bowl/Ashtray? - ID = Rudolfova
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:46:09 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's a Rudolf Schrotter design as he was responsible for most of Rudolfova's production from 1912 to 1958 and I'd guess this is 1930's/40's. I've seen vases with flat faceted sides attributed to him dating from the 30's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand