No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Excellent Holmegaard / Danish Glass resource is going to get even better  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Helen

• Members
Hello all

Just thought I'd share the following exciting information with you all regarding a website (www.hardernet.dk) that most of you are probably already aware of (but I just discovered yesterday thanks to Ross on a Holmegaard ID request).

I got in touch with Peter who has developed the site (and is a lovely, helpful, friendly man) and he told me the following news:

"have just been allowed to bring all photoes from the large "Holmegaard studio, prototype and unika collection" that hold a collection of more than 25.000 items collected by Holmegaard and contains glass items from most of the glass factories that have been in Denmark, Conradsminde Glasswork, Nørholm Glasswork, Aalborg Glasswork, Aarhus Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork and Holmegaard Glasswork.

I am afraid that the site over the next couple of year will grow from the 7.500 photoes, at the moment, to about 35.000 and will probably be the site that documentates Danish Glass since the beginning in 1825 up to today.

So it will be worth keeping an eye on this site - it's already a fabulous resource but it looks set to become even better  :hiclp:

Regards

Helen

Offline angel2

• Members
 :angel:     Ooooooo hooray!           :kissy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand