No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso? Duck  (Read 8844 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Archimede Seguso? Duck
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Rosie, I think they are by different makers, though they look similar. The neodymium duck's bill sticks up from the way it looks in the picture. This is what made me think it looked Mexican. Many of the Mexican ducks have bills that are applied like this. The original duck has a straighter bill. The generic form animals can drive me crazy trying to figure out who made them. :ho:
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
I did see one of these at the car boot this morning.  Unfortunately because I didn't read the thread properly I didn't check to see  the angle of his beak, but the beak was messily attached, I did check that.  It may not have been exactly the same I guess, but it struck me because I'd read the thread and it was the reddy colour over the purply glass.  It wasn't signed but had a 'sort of' polished base, not shiny neat and clear and looked slightly greasy.
m

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
Hi everyone,
This seller we are talking about always has "signed" pieces on his listings.
Everything is signed, even though the styles and signatures do not match.
I do believe they are fake signatures. Just my 2 cents.
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline a.mar.illo

• Members
    • 66sputnik
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
Some of the signatures really look fake to me as well...

Something different:
I just saw this on eBay, I never saw that label, though it looks kind of "vintage",
but the base makes me wonder... strange that the base isn´t polished and shiny on a piece like this one... no?
http://www.ebay.es/itm/180733486325?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1133

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
I think that one is legit, amarillo. Many of the tutti frutti pieces that AVeM made were not polished to a shine. The bottom was left slightly matte and looks unpolished in pictures where a flash was used. The Chinese pieces that are based on tutti frutti tend to have thicker, more awkward looking casing. I don't know who made the glass in the link, but it does look Murano to me.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline a.mar.illo

• Members
    • 66sputnik
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 05:52:01 AM »
Thanks TxSilver, ok, the label might be something new for the label collection then:) what might "AN" stand for....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand