No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Just tell me these are *MURANO FIGURINES*.........Please ??  (Read 5829 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Just tell me these are *MURANO FIGURINES*.........Please ??
« on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:57 AM »
 :hi:

After a little rough start to today, I decided to buy myself a gift.  I have been admiring these for a while, and the guy is selling his building so the price went down on these.  Please tell me they are Murano  :X:  ......I am not sure who as I have not seen any like this.  I would *** guess Barovier ?  maybe ?

Anyways they are between 6.5 inches and almost 7 inches.  There is gold foil in them, and they are just clear glass/foil/green glass/ and a iridescent to them. The Green has NO glow to it (rats  :cry: ) but I checked.  Pontil scar on the bottom, and a different base from my other figurines (2) here.  Anyone have any idea on the maker or the age.  The Price tag at the store just said the price, and called them Art Glass from the 40's BUT I do not think they are that old.
 :huh2:

Any info on these would be Greatly appreciate.  I really like them!!!  I hope they are Murano -- and that I do not have any more bad days here ... LOL  :thup:

I think I got a Good Deal on them !!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: Just tell me these are *MURANO FIGURINES*.........Please ??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:44:35 AM »
** Some bigger, and (maybe) better pics ?  :X: Can you see the iridescent in these??

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
Yes these must be Murano - with al the gold dust in them. Whodunnit is another matter, of course.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »
Yes these must be Murano - with al the gold dust in them. Whodunnit is another matter, of course.

Thanks Ivo  :kissy:

I have been digging ( ...and digging, and digging .... ) here.  These are the only things I have found (kinda) (maybe) similar - if not at all, as I dunno what to call these.  So just trying simple google words.

Here is some other glass things that Kinda ?? have the same finish ??, and the glass figures in the one link kinda has a similar base -- but this is just my digging around looking for other pictures of some sort:

Here, figurine - base similar
Here, Glass Elephant
Another Figurine
Glass Donkey

That is all I have found (so far) with kinda that type of finish --    I am still hunting

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »

.....and just wondering (silly question) as not sure if I ever asked this -- but is the Gold Dust ever *Real Gold dust* in item?   

Sorry if a Stupid question... :spls2:

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:50 PM »
Scroll down to number 2 on this list Rose.  Although these are candle holders, they look very like the same maker.....problem is, they don't say who made them, but you could ask!!!

http://www.burchardgalleries.com/auctions/2001/oct2101/oct2101r.htm

Have a look anyway, see what you think.  :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:11 AM »
Rose, I wondered if your figures might be either Seguso or Archimede Seguso because of the color and finish. The figure at Molta Bella is a Seguso one, which reminds me most of your two. I would say that it is the best guess. The size is right, too.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 06:28:08 AM »
The gold is real gold, but the quantity used is tiny as a little goes a long way. I think they use gold leaf and the heat causes it to look like a powder,

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »

Thanks Txsilver, and Lustroustone for your responses.

I have been digging (just about all night here )  :sleep:  Would this finish be called *Iridato* ??  As I found this one on Ebay with the same kinda looking glass, but I do not know.

**Here is the Link, Ercole Barovier

Rose, I wondered if your figures might be either Seguso or Archimede Seguso because of the color and finish. The figure at Molta Bella is a Seguso one, which reminds me most of your two. I would say that it is the best guess. The size is right, too.

Also I had read on Trocadero that less detail in a face means that they are older?  Does anyone know IF this is true or not? 

**See the info here (Molta Bella):

The glass Figurines I have --almost have a *haunting* look to them because of the finish.  The more I look at them, the more I am falling in love with them.  I got the 2 of them for $100  :thup: which I think is a good deal, and I am (very) happy with that price as I know they were more before, as I saw them about 2 years ago in this Antique store and almost bought them then.  I decided to go see IF they were still there, and sure enough they were.  They were priced at $120 for the both and upon talking to the owner he is now selling his building (so stuff has to go).  I asked for the best price they could give, and they knocked off $20 -- so I took them.

I am so Glad  ;D they were still there !! :smg:

Anyways, anyone know if this is Iridato finish ?? , as I have found on the Net --- and IF older glass figurines have less detail in the face?

Thanks  :kissy:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:43 PM »
Iridato means iridescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand