No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Just tell me these are *MURANO FIGURINES*.........Please ??  (Read 5870 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Just tell me these are *MURANO FIGURINES*.........Please ??
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
'I am so Glad   ;D  they were still there !!'

You were meant to have them Rose,they were waiting for you!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »
'I am so Glad   ;D  they were still there !!'

You were meant to have them Rose,they were waiting for you!!

Thanks, I think that too.....  :X:

Thanks for letting me know what Iridato meant too, as I just kept finding items with that......  :spls:  So whoops, did not know what it meant   LOL

I am going to try later to take some better pics -- as either my batteries were low, or the reflection from the black paper.....or maybe just the Luster off the glass  :24: caused my camera to Not take as clear of pics.  I think too they should be clearer, and sharper.  I will do that later to see IF I can get some better pics showing the detail better, and the detail other places.

I think my batteries were just low.  I find that when my camera batteries are low it does not do take good (or sharp pics).  It is not a real expensive camera.  I  will do it later on the Weekend....maybe in the sun
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline MuranoArtGlassChandeliers

• Members
  • Italian Decor and Glass Lights website
    • Murano Glass plus Antiques
    • Australia
    • Murano Art Glass Australia
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »
HI

These figurnes are known as HARLEQUIN figures and are modelled from the type of fashion worn by 17th century Venetian families.  Very very popular items as the workmanship involved in producing one single piece takes around 3 to 4 hours.  
I hope this helps

Ciao

Dean
Dean
CEO and Owner
Italian Decor Glass Lights
http://www.italiandecor-glasslights.com
salesandsupport@italiandecor-glasslights.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Hi there:

I took some *extra* pics outside in the sun -- and closer.  Does this help at all for any idea on the maker, or the year? 

Whew, I got that off my chest taking them outside, and Not stumbling with them.....

I must say they are very Lovely !!!!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:10 AM »
Not sure IF this means anything at all......but I did note that in this link here (of figurines by Barbini) [[   HERE   ]] that the designs of the faces (or the absent of faces) is kinda like mine.

Mine have either glass dots for a nose, or one of the old age Beauty marks on the faces -- since they do not seen to be *right in the center* of the face for a nose.

Now I assume lots of glass makers might have used this type of faces, or the technique of no face, but that small pulled piece on the face -- but looking at lots of figurines (and their faces) .....these are the only figurines that I have found with a similar looking style of face.  So I know that means nothing because the roundness of the body of those.............looks nothing like the sharper flair designs in mine.

It was only the face or lack of face) with either only a nose, or a beauty mark that is similar to mine......so just throwing that out there 

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
 :sleep:

I am still *trying* to search for something like these -- and just tonight (been up all night) I stumbled upon these ones [ HERE ] .   IMHO, I do see some resemblances.

Quoted from the above link:

Glass Figures by Martinuzzi for Venini, Italian 1925, signed.
Italy
1920s
Male and female glass figures by Martinuzzi for Venini, Italian circa 1925, signed.
9" h. (male), 8 1/2 " h. (female)

Do you think that mine could be related to these at all?    What about your opinion here ?  Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand