No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: DARTINGTON GLASS?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline speckledjim

• Members
DARTINGTON GLASS?
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »
I picked this peice of glass up at the local flea market today. It's hexagonal design reminds me of Dartington's style of glassware. Can anyone help identify it please (Year, name, designer etc)?

It's just under 4" high and has a width of 4" across the flats. The bottom is unmarked and is very slightly concave.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: DARTINGTON GLASS?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »
I could do but I begrudge you the information as it appears you can't be bothered to perform a simple search and find it yourself. Searching Google images with keywords like "dartington glass hexagon" does not take much effort.

John

Offline speckledjim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
Okay, I didn't think of that (somehow) until you mentioned it - I am relatively new to glassware. It's no. FT084 by Frank Thrower.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »
Don't worry Jim, John's bark is worse than his bite....we all had to start somewhere....

John, you are much too nice to be faciteous....and you have risked me making a spelling mistake so that jp laughs at me!! Although I could have tried Spellcheck!!

The point I am trying to make, is that we don't always think of the obvious!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 07:57:01 AM »
My apologies for my tone and rant Jim. I could simply have posted: Try googling "dartington glass hexagon".

Yes, FT84, known by the factory workers as "The hexagons are coming", produced in the usual four Dartington colours clear, midnight, kingfisher and flame. Design date of 1968 or 69. Information from: Dartington Glass, The First Twenty Years by Linda and Stuart Smithson.

John (Rosie has got me sussed)...

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »
 :kissy: for both of you!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline speckledjim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Thanks for that Rosie and John. Much appreciated, and i really should think of using Google image much more frequently - sometimes the obvious is the last thing you think of!

Regards
Keith (Speckledjim is an allusion to the BBC's 'Black Adder')

Offline speckledjim

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
No need for apologies John. would you mind if I used your information to help sell the glass on ebay?

Keith

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
Keith, when you list it would you please link back to the board as per this topic: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,23766.0.html - doing so helps you prove what it is you're selling and helps us as a board become better known to buyers and sellers. Thank you.  :kissy:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »
Google images can be very useful but with some searches the images become increasingly less relevant as you scroll down the page.

Links can be added from your ebay listings back to this board or to specific topics if desired Keith. The HTML code needed is:

<A HREF=http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/>Glass Message Board</a>

That will link back to the GMB home page but you can change the address to a particular topic if you choose to and also the text displayed (Glass Message Board) to something more suitable if required.

To insert the code in your listing copy and paste it into the item description but first you must click the HTML tab just above the text box on the left hand side. This allows you to enter the code, click back to Standard to see the result. Shout if you need help.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand