No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hotworked amethyst ashtray -- which glassworks?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hotworked amethyst ashtray -- which glassworks?
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:43:43 AM »
Hi,

I've recently purchased a small hotworked triangular ashtray, but can't figure out which glassworks it comes from...  ZBS, Skrdlovice, other?  Does anyone recognise it?

The piece is 6,5cm tall, 14cm wide and weighs 865g (quite a bit for its small size). There is an indentation towards the bottom of each side, and only one cigarette rest.  There is quite a bit of wear to the base.  I did my best with the photographs, but it's a terribly difficult piece to capture well.   :-\

All help and comments appreciated.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Hotworked amethyst ashtray -- which glassworks?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »
Hi Anik :hi:

I would guess ZBS -- seems to be that ZBS aubergine colour we discussed somewhere here  before (like this vase in your gallery).

I saw a nice citrin/brown Klinger ZBS piece here at the fleamarket today, but at 30,- Euro faaaaar too expensive...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Hotworked amethyst ashtray -- which glassworks?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
 :pb: :pb: :pb:  My silly brain never thought of comparing the ashtray with other pieces I've already got in my collection.  Michael, you are absolutely right.

Thank you!  :kissy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand