No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Selkirk paperweight stamped selkirk  (Read 1955 times)

Offline kieran

• Members
    • england
Selkirk paperweight stamped selkirk
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »
Hi, l have quite a few selkirk weights
but this is the only one that has the logo impressed and selkirk impressed
l cant find anything about it
im guessing its an early one
any thoughts

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Selkirk paperweight stamped selkirk
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »
Hi Kieran,

I have never seen a Selkirk weight with an impressed mark before, or any other Selkirk glass for that matter. I am quite keen on Selkirk glass and I have seen lots of their weights since I started collecting, but never seen such a mark. I conclude that it must be quite uncommon (and it definitely look like a Selkirk impressed mark as both logo + name look right to me). However, I do not think that it is an early weight as the label indicates end 1980s and the 1990s (not sure after that).

I am afraid I cannot help you more. However someone more knowledgeable is bound to comme across your post soon.

Sophie  

PS: if you plan to sell it, I am your girl...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: Selkirk paperweight stamped selkirk
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
Wolf has mailed me saying I sold one saying it was 1991 a while ago.  I do have one of those, and I believe it is the only weight by Selkirk with that impressed mark, and I would of read it from one of the books.  So, yes definately Selkirk, and the only weight with that mark.  £15 to £20 would be about right I would say.

Ian

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand