No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: SKLO TAS brick --- I'm sssooooo excited!!!!  (Read 5230 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: SKLO TAS brick --- I'm sssooooo excited!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »
Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and open your wallet.  I hadn't really looked at the design on it closely before.Your husband likes it because it reminds him of you?

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »
He HATES the piece.  If anything about it reminds him of me, it's probably the thickness and nothing else. :pb:

But I think it's a fantastic addition to my collection.  I've got no regrets.  :smg:

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
Where are you going to display it?

I have visions of it in one of those small windows you get at the top of bathroom doors, the kind that let light penetrate right through the house. You'd get to admire it from both sides!
But you'd need a few of them - I can imagine a collage of bricks all with different images.......
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
Lovely idea, Sue...  unfortunately, we don't have a window at the top of the bathroom door, and I don't think my husband would be particularly pleased if I asked him make a hole above the frame to accommodate a few glass bricks. 

He wasn't particularly pleased when I asked him to devise a 'foot' for my brick with a light in it...   ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
 :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:  Very Nice Anik!!

What does that figure out in CAD dollars, as I have no idea?  But a person *deserves* to treat themselves too :gfit: .

It is out of our Love of Glass!!

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
Nice find. I have about 50 of their current production http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,42068.0.html might be worth getting in touch with the factory and getting more information on their advertising pieces. Who knows they might even give you a more recent one  ;)  They would probably still have the plate inserts and panel moulds in store - would be nice to get pics of the insert to see how many designs were produced. Probably the main reason you do not see so many is that most will still be with the original owners and I doubt that they bothered to put coin slots in all of them. The assumption in ABI that they were all money boxes is  hard to accept! Rarity of glass under 50 years old is impossible to ascertain unless you know the actual production figures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand