No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175054 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Astrid, another lovely display...  I especially like your Peill and Putzler vase, first from the left in the second photo.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Ha, depends on how 'the rest' is defined, Rosie. It certainly wouldn't be the rest of the GMB members :).

I adore that P&P too, Anik. I'm sure I've said it before but I do wish I could find more of that series, but so far no luck.

Though I did manage to add 3 very beautiful other P&P's to my collection this week. I was especially thrilled to finally have a Patmos. I exchanged it in my current P&P display for the cut green one that I moved into this months may theme. Just a seperate picture of my Patmos, then, because I'm so happy, yeah!  :girlcheer:

For the onlookers: the beauty of the Patmos design is that the small little square clear bits are not cut into the vase - the rest of the vase has been etched out around them and they are the bits sticking out (as usual for etched Peill work from that period - always the other way around from what you would expect).

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Astrid:

Very tasteful and beautiful display. Who did the red piece in the second picture. I looked at your Picasa file and didn't see it there.

This thread has made me think about changing how I display my glass. I'm going to put in some shelves in another room just for glass and look at getting a big light box made for behind my main cabinet.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Your Patmos vase is terribly interesting -- how lovely it must be to run your fingers over the body.  By the way, I'm so happy to read about your excitement.  I love when people show their enthusiasm for a newly acquired piece.  :kissy:

David, the red vase was discussed a bit earlier, here:  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,39034.0.html It's Beyer & Co.

:hi:

Offline astrid

• Members
David, the red piece in the the second picture is in my collection of German glass on Picasa (somewhere in the middle, but that collection is getting quite big. Maybe I should spllit off the solifleurs and the Peill & Putler and give them a separate album).

It is by the German firm of Beyer & Co, 60s-70s. Sadly, I don't know who designed it. It was for many people the one piece they couldn't quite identify in the 'Oh no, that's not Murano!' quiz I put up in March :)

Ah - just then I noticed Anik had already answered your question...

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Astrid, the "Patmos" vase looks very interesting; and I just adore the Beyer vase!

My pic today shows a highly unusual ;D way of displaying a glass vase...

Michael

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Astrid, your collection is fab!  
Michael - I love it!! a perfect combination.
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Michael,  :thup: Whoever would have thought of putting flowers in a vase??  There are some that might disapprove!!
Actually, it is a lovely arrangement....very Japanese.
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline astrid

• Members
*twitch, twitch*

But the flowers look very good indeed. Almost worth using a nice piece of glass for :)

Astrid

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Astrid & Anik:

Thanks for the id. I don't know how I missed it the first time I looked as I saw it immediately the second time. Now I know why I miss so much on eBay.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand