No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175110 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
ooooh - we nearly got a shot of you in there as a bonus!
Thanks for showing us all your lovely stuff -  :rah:

and I'm glad you left the teaset in the loft - sounds awful!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline dinklepip

• Members
ooooh - we nearly got a shot of you in there as a bonus!
Thanks for showing us all your lovely stuff -  :rah:

and I'm glad you left the teaset in the loft - sounds awful!

don't want my ugly mush in the shot with all this lovely glass.  And yes, the Salviati teaset is sooooooooo ugly ;) ;) ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline dinklepip

• Members

Offline Leni

• Members
Ooooh!   :hiclp:  :girlcheer: All those shelves full of glass!   :rah:   I love the 'more is more' look   :thup:   :24:

Do you know the maker of the turquoise opalescent (uranium?) flower which is half out of the picture on the right of this shot?  I've got a similar one, but I've not seen them in turquoise blue before!  http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/cookiepops/DSCF21931.jpg

I love the whole of this shelf, BTW - no, I love the whole of this cabinet:D
Leni

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
So pretty and feminine, what a lovely collection dinklepip...and there is the little Hush Baby crib like the one we are trying to identify for AnnEB and you.
I wanna see the Tea Set!!!!!  :thud:  Get the loft ladder out!!
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline dinklepip

• Members
So pretty and feminine, what a lovely collection dinklepip...and there is the little Hush Baby crib like the one we are trying to identify for AnnEB and you.
I wanna see the Tea Set!!!!!  :thud:  Get the loft ladder out!!

yes rosie I mentioned to Anne that I had one also and we are both still at a loss ;D

Mmmmm I will get the teaset out again when I am next in the loft, whenever that will be cus have to struggle getting the ladder outa the back of the shed :24:

Offline dinklepip

• Members
Ooooh!   :hiclp:  :girlcheer: All those shelves full of glass!   :rah:   I love the 'more is more' look   :thup:   :24:

Do you know the maker of the turquoise opalescent (uranium?) flower which is half out of the picture on the right of this shot?  I've got a similar one, but I've not seen them in turquoise blue before!  http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/cookiepops/DSCF21931.jpg

I love the whole of this shelf, BTW - no, I love the whole of this cabinet:D

why thanks Leni, I love my collection.  Dunno about that flower to be honest, not something I put on the Board to find out about yet as I still have so many pieces to ID and don't wanna keep hogging the board lol

Offline dinklepip

• Members
I wanna see the Tea Set!!!!!  :thud:  Get the loft ladder out!!

well to give you an idea Rosie, if you look on this image and you will see a green glass beaker with a lace effect enamel on.  Well I bought this off ebay last week for £5 yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and it's Salviati too.  The teaset I have is exactly the same enamelling work but different on each duo and in a stunning Royal Blue (are you dribbling yet) :24:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/cookiepops/DSCF21911.jpg

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
ooooooooooooooo my turn to show off  ;D ;D ;D.  Have no room in my cabinet now and it's all hunched up :).  If only you could see the stunning Victorian Salviati handmade and  hand enamelled teaset in original box I have in the loft you would dribble  :24: :mrgreen:

Dribble ...
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass

:help: are you guys going for overload...... this thread must be below the plimsol line!!!!   

Lovely collection Dinklepip, a bit early for me....but oh so impressive..... :hiclp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand