No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175055 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Your second pic was much better Pinky.
Rosie.  :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pinky1989

• Members
sorry for that everyone I am new to this,
I am not sure how to make the pictures bigger  when I add a picture on here you have to have the picture at  125 kb and my pictures are in mb and wont allow me to add pictures?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Hi Pinky,  make a cuppa and have a read through this lot,  it will help to sort you out....we all had to start somewhere, so don't worry!!

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

Rosie.

Offline pinky1989

• Members
thanks rosie for all your help i need to get new photos of my ducks and new batteries for my camera as soon as possible

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Don't be too long Pinky...we are all agog!!
Rosie.

Offline pinky1989

• Members
Even when i resize the pictures they are still way to large I think it is my camera settings so will need to sort.
I wouldnt hold your breath i need new batteries new settings

Offline ahremck

• Members
Simply resize the resized pictures again until they fall just below the 125Kb limit.  My photos typically start at 4300Kb  I CROP off stuff that is irrelevant leaving a border around the item, and save the result with a different name.  I then resize so that the maximum dimension is below 1000 and save the result and check the size now( this is because I wish to be able to post it a a later stage to http://www.glassphotographs.com/ an associated site which has size limits of 200Kb and a maximum dimension <1000).  If the result is not smaller than 200Kb I keep resizing and saving(this time under the same name) until it falls just below 200Kb in size, at which point I save it again as "GMB xxxxxxxxxxx" so I know I can post it successfully when I am finished.  Finally I shrink this new file to a size just below 125Kb using as many resizings and saves as necessary - and now I can post it as large as possible.  Some people use 3rd party sites or even their own site to post images.

Hope that is of use Pinky.

Ross

PS.  You can resize to make photos larger (eg. 400% will make the object 16 times bigger) BUT the image often is very poor.
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
I start with a high res photo and generally find that simply resizing once so that the longest dimension is 700 pixels works fine. I try not to have too much extraneous picture but crop if necessary. Don't forget to "save as" rather than save, so you retain your original. Simples. One or two steps.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Display in the kitchen, all textured in some way, includes some of my Will Shakspeare collection. The vase in the middle is the one that started it all  ;D
m

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen   oooooh thats the stuff that makes me go all funny and sends G running off to put padlocks on the bank accounts!  I've a birthday looming, me thinks I feel an 'as you like it' moment approaching....   :hi: cheers steph.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand