No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175055 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Oh m, that is a wonderful group.....I love art glass, and any one of those would be 'treasure' in my opinion.....lucky lucky you!

Happy Birthday when it gets here Steph.....hope you get LOTS of lovely glass.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 >:D

What's an "as you like it" moment, Steph? Do you turn into a shrew if you don't get your way?

ps, does it work?  ;)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
Ah Sue, an 'as you like it moment' is the purchase of a Will Shakespear piece of glass.....I had a quick look at his site after seeing 'M's' display....  but then I went and drooled over Aron's stuff....love those silver bark bottles of his.

I can see my birthday choice is going to be a problem....  cause I also want another piece of Bev Jacks,,,  :cry: so difficult to make a single choice  :cry: :cry: :cry:

As for shrewish - that's not my bag, I believe in plenty of  :love: n' hugs.  Anyway I'm the wrong build to be shrewish, more like a Merry Wife of Cumbria!!  :hi:

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
You're just going to have to get yourself some extra birthdays.  :smg:
Do you have sprogs? If so, I reckon you should get their birthdays - you're the one that birthed. They didn't do anything.

(I don't get birthday pressies - I get unbirthday pressies instead. They're a bit random, sometimes two or so years inbetween, but when I do get one, it's usually a stonker! )

I did try shrewish for a year, a good while back - I couldn't help it, my hormones went all wonky, (old wumman thing) I turned into my mother,  :grrr:   scared my whole family witless, including myself.  :wsh:

Thankfully that is all over now. It was not fun. It's really, really unpleasant being unpleasant.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :clap:Oh Sue, youve creased me up.    :help:   I don't want to be like my mum either.... and yes, from now on I'm claiming two extra 'Birth' days a year!  That's a brilliant idea. So's the use of the word 'Stonker', love it. cheers  :hi: steph

Offline Paul S.

• Members
each time someone else adds to this, I groan........so what do I do, but add some more.        Cut glass does seem to get a bad press, so just to try and even up the odds, here is some which I hope will change people's thoughts on cut glass.
Picture one is Edinburgh & Leith (both marked for early 1930's probably), and I suspect the 'sweet/desert' might be 'brilliant cut' - the mitres are deep and the cutting is over the entire bowl.          Second picture is Stuart  -  with the vase being the oldest at something like late 1920's and the 'Woodchester' much more recent.   The vase has elements of a design called 'Villiers' (tulip buds on stem thingies), but I really don't know if it is that  -  could just be my wishful thinking.
Third picture is Royal Brierley, with the tumbler (highball) and vase in 'Honeysuckle' design - which is, apparently still in production (the tumble that is  -  I don't see the vase on their web site).
Lastly, a mixture of bits and bobs including a plate with the 'Tudor' backstamp - the two tall wines are Dartington, and a small sherry thingy is backstamped 'Waterford.   Whose the rest are is anyone guess.   So let's hope this will get more people collecting cut glass.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Love the cut amber'y' piece Paul and the honeysuckle tumbler - gorgeous :)

Offline Leni

• Members
Yay!   :girlcheer:  Can we have a cut glass thread?   :rah:   :chky: 
Leni

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: I think I might be along one night for that tumbler....   lovely collection Paul.    :wsh:   back to another essay  :hi: cheers steph

Offline keith

• Members
Paul;quite like the old cut glass myself,a couple of pic's.....the giant goblet maybe Tudor.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand