No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175099 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Paul, you've got some very interesting cut pieces...  question is, how do you display them?   :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Keith - I know the plate is Tudor only because it has an acid back stamp  -  without that I'd be none the wiser.     Some of these back stamps can be very feint and difficult to see  -  what makes you think yours might be Tudor? :)
Anik - all these pieces are in a cabinet with a lot of glass doors and sides  - not perhaps ideal, but it does allow you to see most of the glass quite clearly.   But it isn't easy to show clear glass in a way that allows it's attractiveness to be seen to full effect.   Maybe some sort of lighting might improve the situation  -  what do you think?
I discovered yesterday whilst looking on the RB web site, that the highball tumbler has a price of £40, apparently :o  - so with that in mind I'd hate to guess what the vase might cost to replace (both of these pieces came from boot sales).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Paul;sent a pic' to them and they said it might be but the records were to large for someone to look through,can't blame them,at least they replied ::) ;D ;D

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Ahhh, but Paul, the point of the thread is to show off glass displays, and not just glass.  So come on...  don't be shy...  show us what you've got.  ;)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
shame Keith, seems a bit stingy of them not to try and look for you.          Trouble is Anik, I don't really do displays anymore  -  I have this alternative method, it's called simply 'pack everything in as tight as you can get, because there's so much glass'.     Then of course it doesn't look good, and you can't see what's in the cabinets anyway.   Then there's all the bits packed away in cardboard boxes...........ahhhh ::).        But I bet you say that to all the boys anyway ;)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Astrid, will you be posting a picture of this month's themed glass display?  Please?  :kissy:

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Ah, Anik, how can I refuse such a flattering request?

My theme of the month June 2011 is 'Better late than never', and it's a collection of German glass that I know or suspect (I don't know all the design dates) is more recent than I normally collect, but bought despite that. Most of it is Nachtmann and Peill. The latest one is definitely the Slice vase at the right of the left part of the display, it's a 2007 design. The giraffe and the dolphin vase are both Nachtmann, and I know they were in production around 2000, so they must be designed in the 90s or perhaps even 80s. I'm not sure about the two cylindrical lens vases, they could be older, 70s perhaps. The etched/transfer printed Peill vases with flowers I think are 80s-90s.

Next month I'll have to come up with a colourful theme again, or my husband will start to complain. But he really likes the big Peill vase, second from the left of the right side part of the display, so that should keep him quiet for a month :).

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline jimbo1

• Members
Hi All,

For a bit of colour, how about a few Whitefriars bark vases, 6" & 7.5".

Regards

James

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Thank you for the photos, Astrid!  I think it's a lovely June display.  Afterall, I am partial to clear glass... 
The 'slice' vase and the giraffe vase are my favourites.  :)

James, thank you for sharing your colourful display as well.
 :hi:

Offline px

• Members
Why don't I have window sills.   :-\ :mrgreen:  Glass looks so great with the back light.

I just have my glass stored on top of my kitchen cabinets.  :-\
On the other hand most of it is local so you most of you may not even recognize many.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand