No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175113 times)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 Craig  I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves.....I've got stacks of treasure here, and no matter that I'll never make a fortune from it, I still love it.  The only problem being, when to start disposing of it as my children wont want it all!   :usd:

I've only been to one Antiques Road Show, but what a buzz.. everyone so interested and encouraging - a day to remember, despite no astounding finds!  :hi: cheers steph,.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Sounds as though you are both having a fabulous time....and it's a good job you buy things you love rather than because they may make you some money  :sun:  that way, whilst it is good to find out some provenance, you can still enjoy them just because.
The skull jar may not be worth a fortune, but it has been made with real and enviable skill and with heart.  That's why it is the most gorgeous piece of art.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Craig, I'm glad to hear you had a perfectly pleasant time despite not coming home a financial millionaire.  I'm even happier to hear that you're recovering, slowly but surely.
 :hi:

Offline px

• Members
......I love the green/clear ice type bowl - is it Humppila? 
Yes, m, the bowl is Tauno Wirkkala for Humppila and of a much more rare colour. The usual brown/clear is something that was a little "too popular" by the time, 70s,  and they are all around available now. Nobody wants them, rather not even to see them!  ;D
But maybe just for that reason, I like this one. And it is signed too. Actually quite fabulous.

Anik: touché  !     ;D

I love seeing everyone's stuff on here... the collections are as interesting and as varied as the personalities......  Every time I look through this thread it puts a smile on my face.....

Craig

Craig, my exact thoughts too.   :hiclp:

Offline ahremck

• Members
It is changeover time again.  From Kosta Boda to Thomas Webb.

Top Shelf:   Mainly Webb Coronation c.1934 in amber but including the black based beaker - the other pattern I have seen.  I believe the blue comport is also Webb but can't confirm that.

Middle Shelf:  Coronation Pattern Water set Plus a delightfil Dark Green decanter and a clear Bullseye bowl

Bottom Shelf:  Large Amber Bullseye Bowl, a supersize decanter with engraved yachts on the front panel, Normal Webb Decanter and a Richardson Decanter(One of my favourites) - Richardsons were taken over by Thomas Webb.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
lovely Ross, I've managed to get  a few different shapes in the amber bulls eye range so there must be quite  a variety.  The Webb colour is beautiful I'm becoming very fond of it. Your clear footed bowl is gorgeous!  :hi: cheers steph

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Love the set on the top shelf - I'd enjoy a drink from those  :sun:
m

Offline Paul S.

• Members
great glasses Ross - wouldn't mind some of those :).......so thought I'd show some of my own Webb's, although hope Anik isn't around because she will complain that this really isn't a proper display (and she's right)  -  but it's probably the only way I get to see some of my own glass (otherwise it's mostly packed away).   Amazing to find a full set of six of the small Amber Bull's Eye desserts, but the real gems are the two wheel engraved conical glass in Sunshine Amber.    And I'd like some more blue please.   The Amber Bull's Eye bowls do seem to come in more shapes and sizes than you can shake a stick at, and must be the most common item to find wherever you are.

Offline keith

• Members
Great stuff,Paul.Ross,had to add some of mine

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :spls: :spls: :spls: ooooh you boy's with your big displays    :chky:   cheers steph.  ps.  did you know there are five conical Bulls Eye drinking glasses or perhaps their 'sundae' glasses, on e-bay at the moment.   Sorry cant do a link; have yet to learn!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand