No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175119 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
What a lovely Summer Citrus group....very refreshing m.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
I've kept out of this pretty much till now (too busy drooling over all your glass pics!) but having now found where himself had hidden the camera (again!) and found out how to make it take better (slightly better anyhow!) pics of glass, I've been wandering around upstairs taking pics of shelves to share with anyone who might be interested. I've added them in the Flickr album here http://www.flickr.com/photos/glassoholic/sets/72157627178269528/ cos there are too many to put onto the board. (Rosie, there are some animals there too! :kissy:)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Great collection Anne and good photographs as well......I won't ask if you d****d them all before taking the pics,  but they do look VERY clean and sparkly!! 
Quite a collection of 'Vikings' there....I have one of the viking boats as welll, s'pose I should get a viking to go alongside it??
Nice to see you have animals too.....thank you for sharing your collection.  :kissy:
Rosie.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Dusting...?  :o  Rosie, we don't have dust in Cumbria ya know...??? Too much wind, it doesn't get time to settle!!!  :24:

Offline rosieposie

• Members
I know Anne!  It all gets blown down here to Hampshire before falling into the sea!! :usd:
BTW I thought the 'actual' word was banned here on the GMB!!  :o
Rosie.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :hiclp:   oooh Anne I've got a little fella..... but now I want a big strong silent Viking like yours.... he's brilliant.  Any idea who made him?    Thanks for showing us your shelves.... and I agree with Rosie they do look well 'd....d'.  Your collection of milky, frosted glass is lovely, I think I may have to acquire a few pieces myself...  hope your well, cheers steph. :kissy:

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
The pinky tinged Viking (makes him look less macho now he's sun purpled!) is Pukeberg, Steph. He should be clear of course. He's not my biggest Viking though, the big fella won't fit on those shelves! He's 7½" tall and gorgeous! http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,5889.0.html - see reply #9

Edited to add.... I've just realised the big fella is on the top shelf, so you might have meant him after all! :) He's Holmegaard and incredibly  handsome!  :sun:

Offline Helen

• Members
Been told not to post these unless I d----d first so I did as ordered,more mixed up stuff from everywhere....

Hi Keith
Lovely display and I've just spent too much time having a nosey at this thread - how interesting and great for me as a newbie to the world of glass collecting. My beady eye just noticed that you had a blue bubble candle holder (is it?) on the second shelf down at the left (as you look at it in the pic) next to the frill top pink vase. I just picked one of these up at a car boot and wondered if you could confirm my Whitefriars suspicions?
Thanks for your help from a very grateful newcomer
Helen

Offline PWA

• Members
    • Paul Webster Antiques (PWA)
A selection of Whitefriars cloudy, streaky and trailed. Makes the morning blues dissapear when you walk into the bathroom, all bleary eyed and see this beautiful glass  :thup: :thup:

Offline keith

• Members
Hello Helen,I've a number of these some might be candle holders others are a little large,I don't think it's WF's but I do get things wrong sometimes,well quite a few times :pb: :wsh: here's a few more....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand