No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175040 times)

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
more and more....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mikael

• Members
and the last ones for now....

I live in a small studio/flat so I am desperately trying to figure out how to display all the stuff. I want to be able to see them ALL. Have to look into building custom made shelves of some sort.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Wow -- great collection! And beautifully displayed!

Incredible what an amount of fabulous pieces can be found within a year if you are in the right country :)

If I would collect Strömbergshyttan, my collection would consist of a single piece (and that would have cost a fortune here).

Michael

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
Thank you. I know what you mean about spending a small fortune.... some pieces sell for ridiculous prices and sometimes I come across some for less. The last shark tooth, the biggest one, I found in an antique store for 10 euros just last week !!!!!

If anyone has something for sale that I am missing, please let me know !!!!

Offline Andy

• Members
Wow! Lovely stuff, who are the faceted ones made by in the 1st photo??
I was thinking how lucky you are to have all those lovely window sills to display them on, but i realise youve
just done the displays for the photos, but they all look wonderful the way you have grouped them together
 :thup:

Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
Thanks, the windows are great for arranging glass, its an old building that I live in. During the winter they are full of crystal, but in the summer I like to have my windows wide open 24-7 to let in the light and fresh air !

The diamond shapes are by Asta Strömberg.

I usually keep them on my glass table top.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:   This thread just gets better and better  :thup: well done Astrid.

Mikael - where do I need to take my next holiday?    Thanks - that is a real feast for the senses,  we have been spoilt over the months.  I'm in such a state of indecision that I haven't bought a piece of glass for the last few weeks.  I think I'm moving towards collecting one maker, but which????????????????????????????  Trouble is I want to grab it all... :hug:

Offline ahremck

• Members
What a really nice collection MIkael  :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:.

By the way Rosie whaose pigeons are they amongst the cats (to Spoonerise a well-known phrase)  :24: :24: :24:

Have you come across Martin Evans (Glory Art Glass IOW) whose duck I recently got on Ebay?  Engraved "The Islander's Club Duck 1996".

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
Mikael seeing you have such a large selection of Strombergshyttan I wonder If you can shedd more light on my rather interesting vase.  It seems to be a foorm of intenal crackle glass.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
It looks beautiful. I have not seen this one before, but it resembles the big round i have in one of my pictures. Mine has bubbles in it though.....
I have yet to find some litterature about Strömbergshyttan so I can find out the years and makers of the different pieces I pick up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand