No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175128 times)

Offline NKP

• Members
m, the ducks are Leerdam, and are part of my collection....I have several of these, the ducklings and ellies, and also the sausage dogs.  I am still looking for an affordable deer, owl and fish.....even though I don't 'do' fish!

... while you're at it: also look for the fish and bird car mascots, the bee, pig, squirrel, fish (2 types) and frog   :X:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Oooh! (NKP) Nankipoo, I didn't know they did all those!! Squirrels are a real favourite of mine as well. Drat, now I will have to start looking for them....after I have found the hedgehogs that are being hunted down at the moment!! :wsh:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
just thought I'd bore you all with a few tankards - can't remember if any have been posted yet.       Don't know if the small indentation at the top of the handle is unique to Davidson, but appears on my examples, and in the book, so cud be a good indicator of origin if all else fails.   The green piece (Silver Jubilee of George V) is Sowerby (it carries the peacock's head), but sadly not U.        Possibly the poorest quality piece of glass is No. 2 in pic. 2 - which is Ravenhead...very rough and ready.   The shorter Midnight piece is an FT 5  - but still no wiser on the other Midnight one, although the handle shape looked a bit 'Wedgwood  ish'.       The large clear piece in pic. 3 is again Davidson, and was their first design to be registered both in the UK and Australia (1938) -  it carries both Nos.............but why doesn't my example show the 'PINT TO RIM'  and 'G R', as shown in the book??
Ref. Davidson Glass - A History.......Chris and Val Stewart............2005   

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
The other midnight (top left) is Scandinavian, possibly Norwegian but I can't remember which factory right now. I have seen one with a sticker, maybe Magnor or Hadeland.

John

Offline squizoid

• Members
    • My Glass
Very good thread, not fair if I don't show mine.

Offline squizoid

• Members
    • My Glass
and some Whitefriars.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass

Flyingfree
I've just remembered to post this pic of the two Eric Hoglund (?) vases side by side as you requested  :thud:

cheers steph

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you!   gorgeous they both are  :mrgreen:
m

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
It's april, and time to change the themed display again! My new display is Skrdlovice (or Beranek glass) themed - at least the majority I'm pretty sure of. Two pieces I haven't managed to attribute with certainty yet, that's the purple brown vase on the far left of the second picture and the clear one with lobes on the right of that picture. These lobes look Czech to me, but perhaps it's Scandi or something else entirely.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Oh, that's a fantastic display, Astrid!

By the way, this morning I bought a 5995 vase just as it came up for auction on Allegro for a buy-it-now price of 99zł.  ;D    It's even got a label.   What a lovely coincidence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand