No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175111 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Love them all Astrid.    Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Astrid,  your displays always look so fresh, clean and uncluttered....I love them and aspire to your discipline!...thanks again for sharing.
Rosie. :kissy:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Thanks to this thread I've actually moved a few pieces of my glass to the bathroom, where previously there was none (except for the stained glass windows)  ;D   Now I must just resist the temptation to fill it to overflowing, like the rest of the house!   :24: 
Leni

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Astrid I love the colour scheme and the pieces - very beautiful.  Leni, we need pictures then  ;D
m

Offline Leni

• Members
Eeek!  Now I'm embarrassed!   :-[   It's only three little pieces of pressed glass, all with a 'nautical' theme   ;D  Now that I look at it, I'm sure there's room for more there actually  >:D 

And I realised I had forgotten the spare room - I have a couple of cabinets in there, one of which is mainly pink and blue glass, so I took a pic of that while I was upstairs 'doing' one of the bathroom   ::) 

That's quite enough from me now, I think  :wsh: 
Leni

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Thanks to this thread I've actually moved a few pieces of my glass to the bathroom, where previously there was none (except for the stained glass windows)  ;D    

The bathroom is one of several places I don't have any glass (with the exception of the mirror  :usd:)...  but because of the joys of having the rotavirus, I've had several days of quality time, bonding with my toilet.  In the process, I found the perfect place to put up two shelves to display some glass.  

Since my husband complains that everything around us (all the rooms except for my nasty blue bedroom) is white, beige and brown, I thought he'd love my idea with the shelves -- by placing some lovely blue and green glass, it would give the off-white bathroom a happy injection of colour.

He was not impressed. >:(

Maybe I should have suggested pink glass instead?

P.S.  Leni, that's a beautiful stained glass window! 

Offline Leni

• Members
Haha we crossed in the post, Anik   ;D  Ask your husband would he prefer some of my pink frilly glass  >:D
Leni

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Nah, he doesn't want any of the frilly stuff either...  but he does love your window!

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Astrid,  your displays always look so fresh, clean and uncluttered....

I'm very flattered, Rosie - and I have to admit in my case it's just the living room I'm keeping sort of uncluttered by selection. Upstairs in my workroom that doubles as storage space, it's a different matter entirely! My desk is always full. The half that is close to the computer is full with glass books I haven't put back yet and the other half is full with recent acquisitions I haven't found a storage space for yet :)

Besides, I don't have so much Skrdlovice yet that it could look cluttered  ;D

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Leni

• Members
If he likes the bathroom window, let me show off the one on the landing - with the excuse that some of my collection of Chinese paperweights are on the window sill  ;D   

OK, now I think that's really enough from me!  ::)  :pb:
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand